Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Aug 11, 2011, 01:28 PM
    Air conditioner fan speed
    Have two 8,000 BTU air conditioners both blow cold. With the fan speed set on high, the frigidaire barely blows the cold air.
    The other model has a stronger fan output. I guess the Frigidaire has a defective fan?

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 11, 2011, 02:52 PM
    Window AC's are pretty simple. Some units have a small filter in the front panel. Make sure it's clean. Check to see if the fan, a cage type blower is working. Remove the front panel, usually 4 screws and see if it is turning when it is on and calling for ac. You may be able to oil the fan too. However, if the unit is more than 7-8 years, get a new one, they are cheap and much more energy efficient.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 11, 2011, 02:58 PM

And some brands do blow more than others, I bought one recently at a "big box store" on sale, it is not near as strong as the old one it replaced.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 12, 2011, 01:01 PM
    If the coil is dirty this is on outside and on the inside it can`t blow as much air,, if they can`t pull in enough air it won`t be able to blow out much air,, in most cases dirt,grime pet hair and dander are the biggest problem with window ac units

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My air conditioner compressor and outdoor fan does not turn on. No Cold air [ 4 Answers ]

I turn my central air conditioner on and I get nothing. Everything is dead. I finally realize that the 3 amp fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and turn on the air and the fuse gets blown again. I replaced the fuse and this time I turn the heat on. Everything works great. Fuse did not get blown...

Air conditioner not blowing cold air, inside fan runs, but outside unit does not. [ 2 Answers ]

Unit not blowing cold air. Fan runs. Outside unit does not.

1speed vs.2 speed air conditioner compressor [ 1 Answers ]

A Rheem 4ton,16 SEER A/C.Which is a better unit?A one speed or 2 speed compressor??

Need to Replace GE Fan Motor for outside York air conditioner air conditioner [ 2 Answers ]

The motor model number is 5KCP39EG IT IS A HP 1/4, VOLT 208/230, rpm 1075, hz 60-50 pHASE 1. Are they making this motor anywhere? If so where? Thanks

Air conditioner, blower fan speed with carrier furnace [ 2 Answers ]

The fan speed does not adjust when the air conditioner is on . Is this normal ? If I turn the set temp up high enough the air conditioner turns off and the adjustability returns. Auto, low, medium and high all work. When I set the temperature back down so the air conditioner turns back on the...

View more questions Search