Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rvlec Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2011, 03:00 PM
    Starter continues to "spin" on my 1981 Chevrolet El Camino, do I need to replace it?
    My starter get stuck "spinning" from time to time when I start my 1981 Chevrolet El Camino. Do I need to replace it or is there another fix? I generally remove the battery cable to get it to stop.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 10, 2011, 03:10 PM

It would be best to replace it. Otherwise you may end up expending more time chasing nothing.
    machinedespair Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Aug 10, 2011, 03:29 PM
    The starter could be sticking because the solenoid is bad (gm product it is mounted on the starter) or the ignition switch. Next time it sticks turn off car and see if blower motor or radio work. Is so switch if not solenoid Most people replace the entire starter if solenoid is bad(not necessary).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1981 GMC pick-up won't start, already replaced starter [ 3 Answers ]

My 1981 GMC pick-up won't turn over, even after the starter was replaced. I will be buying a new battery on Monday but I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what else it might be?

2001 chevrolet venture van starter problems [ 0 Answers ]

My 2001 Venture van does not start every time. Sometimes, it will turn over again and again and then start. Other times the solenoid will not even click. Had the starter replaced and all was good for about 3 months when the same problem started over again. Shop said the starter checked good but...

99 ford taurus starter will spin, but not turn over motor [ 12 Answers ]

New battery, new starter, sounds like a blender with nothing in it, it just spins. Will not turn motor.

Remove and replace starter [ 2 Answers ]

I need help on how to remove the starter on a 1995 Crown Victoria?

How to replace starter for 2001 civic ex? [ 1 Answers ]

My civic won't start and I'm getting a majority of votes on bad starter. Here's a little video of what it sounds like when I try to start it. YouTube - my car broke Can anybody give me a detailed instruction on how to replace the starter, or the starter solenoid? Please note that I'm car...

View more questions Search