Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amaris92 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2011, 12:12 AM
    Can a Kidney Infection turn into kidney failure answer needed asap
    Can a Kidney Infection turn into Kidney Failure? I was hospitalized and put on antibiotics for 2-3 days but still was given antibiotics to go home with but if they aren't taken could the infection turn into kidney failure
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2011, 05:54 AM

Absolutely! Unless the bacteria is completely destroyed it will continue to attack your kidneys.
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Aug 10, 2011, 06:25 AM
    What antibiotic did they put on? If it's Levaquin. Go back to your doctor and tell him to give you a different drug. Levaquin is bad business and should be taken off the market.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 10, 2011, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr1757 View Post
    Levaquin is bad business and should be taken off the market.
    I'll agree with that! It gave me a very bad case of AAC!

Aug 10, 2011, 09:26 AM
    I can't remember the name it has to be pregnancy safe since I'm in my 3rd trimester. I don't think I've ever taken Levaquin I know at least not recently I haven't I have heard a lot of bad things about Levaquin
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2011, 05:52 PM

But I agree , why would you not take the medication the doctor gave you

Aug 10, 2011, 06:24 PM
    They switched it and its taking a while to get the pharmacy to get them, why I have no earthly idea I've thought about just going back to the hospital

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I kidney stone that has not passed turn into an infection? How would I know? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend has had a very small kidney stone that has not passed and it has been over 6 months. We have went to the hospital 3 times and they all say the same thing... "not big enough to break up, will pass on its own." I want to know if maybe he may have a kidney infection because he is still in...

Is it Kidney infection [ 2 Answers ]

On Sunday I started having severe pain in my upper abdomen going through to my back (similar to a gall stone attack - which I had my gallbladder removed just 5 days before) I took tylenol3 - which did nothing Also on Sunday I starting having to frequently go to the washroom and found that when I...

Vomiting and Kidney Failure [ 16 Answers ]

My mom has kidney failure and is on peritoneal dialysis, and recently she has been vomiting a lot. She had the flu and we though that was the cause of the vomiting. She usually only vomits when there's an infection near where the tube is. But the doctor tested for infection and she doesn't have an...

Kidney infection? [ 2 Answers ]

I have pain in my right side and sometimes it hurts towards the stomach and towards the back... I went to the doctors, and they said it could be kidney stones or a kidney infection, they gave me pills for it, and I just finished talking them and yet it still hurtss.. sometimes the pain is even in...

Kidney failure [ 7 Answers ]

Please help! My dog has been diagnosed with kidney failure. She will not eat and rarely drink or go to the bathroom. She just lays around, coughs, and vomits flem. The doctor says we need to put her down. The doctor had given her some medicine and vitamins. I am wondering if there is ANYTHING...

View more questions Search