Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    strangelove341 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 07:53 PM
    Would I be all right to give my ex a gift?
    My ex broke up with me, and I have always loved him since. And about a week ago I got him a souvenir, and a few days before I bought it we decided that it would be all right for us to be friends. I'm going to give it to him tomorrow. What will he think of me?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 08:12 PM

How long ago did you break up?

To me, it isn't what he thinks of you that matters, but what you think of yourself and what your expectations are. Are you really ready to be friends with him and not get upset or hurt if he is with someone else? Are you giving him a gift as a friend or because it also shows how much you still think and care about him?

If you are still in love with him, then I think you are giving yourself false hope and are putting off letting the healing process begin.
    s_v_martinez Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Aug 9, 2011, 11:25 PM
    Depends on what it is
    If it is something insignificant then it won't matter
    Friends are friends
    Friends give each other stupid stuff
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 10, 2011, 05:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by s_v_martinez View Post
    if it is something insignificant then it
    No gift is 'insignificant'. Even a small plastic figurine can have a lot of meaning. Intention in the giving and/or receiving is what gives a gift value.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2011, 12:23 PM

I don't know what he will think of you, but question your motives for buying him a souvenir, or even what you think this friendship will be like.

I mean if he accepts it, and goes about his business, how will YOU feel??
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2011, 12:57 PM

I'm forced to wonder, a lot.

HE broke up with YOU, right? You still loved him... and only recently did "we" decide to be "friends". Does that really mean that HE is willing to be friendly with you again? And how "friendly" are we talking? Is he using you somehow?

Can you please provide some ages?

We need more here please.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Special gift could I give my ex boyfriend? [ 10 Answers ]

I need to give my ex boyfriend a special gift of Appreciation - a well deserved Thank YOU? If I Thank Him I can find some closure in my life... Thanks

What is the best gift to give my boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best gift to give my boyfriend?

What should I give my best friend as a gift? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and one of my best friends have been friends for nearly 3 years now and he has been there for me through spick and span, even when my other best friend and I split. This other best friend and I were friends for over 13 years and well, when we split, it was pretty devastating for me. When I was...

Ex wants to give me a gift? What does this mean? [ 7 Answers ]

All right well, I was seeing this guy where I used to work, but recently it ended. We always had eyes for each other and he was the first to initiate conversation. From then on, though we kept it professional and platonic, we would flirt with each other and I could tell he was into me. At the time...

When not to give a gift? [ 7 Answers ]

Hello- I have a dilemma. My cousin is getting married this year and I don’t know if I should give him anything for the wedding. Here’s why: This same cousin attended both my sister’s and my wedding without giving any gifts. On top of that, for both weddings, he brought a guest when only he...

View more questions Search