Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oboro89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 11:11 AM
    My girl friend wants a break what should I do?
    It has been an 8 month relationship. We are attracted to each other became we are very attached to each other. Feelings did grow for both of us. She does not know what she wants, and she wants a break, but does not want to lose me. She also said it would be hard for her to let go of our relationship, and she is feeling down about it. She does not know what to do.

She also has a high tolerance to alcohol, goes clubbing with friends, unintentionally gets drunk, and does things she wouldn't do. I told her there is no middle ground, its either were together, or not. She didn't give me a straight answer. She said she does not want to lose me though.

So I told her I was NOT going to sit, and wait for her to come back, and I followed through with the break up. Then she replies to me, and says "I want to see you, but I want to see other people know". I replied to her and said "perhaps I'm going to do the same, but i would rather sit down, and talk about it instead of text messaging". She agreed and I have not replied to her at all.

What should I do next?

Edited/T
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 11:37 AM

Seriously if both of you want to see other people then just end it. Truth is sounds like she likes someone else but isn't sure how it will work out. So instead of breaking up with you see will keep you around as a safety net. Don't be a safety net. Either the two of you are together or you aren't.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 9, 2011, 08:19 PM

Don't waste your time waiting around for this one. She just wants to string you along until something better comes along. Don't fall for it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 13, 2011, 06:47 PM

Let her do her drunk thing, and whatever else she wants. This sounds like a blessing in disguise to avoid drama. Take it, and run.

I would disappear, and ignore this drunken party animal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girl friend wants a break. [ 3 Answers ]

Monday April 18th, Today it happened, my girlfriend told me she wanted a break, and I'm going to stay at my moms.

Girl friend and I are on break, experience? [ 11 Answers ]

I am 21 my girlfriend is 19 My girl friend and I have been in going out for 2 years. Every free time we get we see each other and the relationship is passionate and positive. At one point she was very clingy but I never complained I might have been a little pushy due to her clinginess. I...

My girl friend of two and a half years wants to take a break. [ 7 Answers ]

History: My girl friend and I met in college when I was a senior and she was a sophomore. We met through mutual friends and have been dating for two and half years. I would describe her as a 22yr independent woman who has the maturity of a 30yr old. I on the other hand am a 24 yr old who is mature...

Should I break up with my girl friend? [ 15 Answers ]

I work at a very demanding job where I work 80 hour weeks, although my girlfriend does see me every chance she gets she doesn't talk to me when I call from work. No matter what she is doing busy or not it is like pulling teeth to get her to talk to me or text me.. Honestly it really bothers me...

Girl friend of 5 years wants to take a break, but doesn't know why. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 28, and she's 26. We've been together for almost 5 years, and in that time, things have been overall very good. We've spoken about getting married, and although we weren't planning to get married anytime soon (1-2 years), we both did want to eventually get married. We bought a house together...

View more questions Search