Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trish0126 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 08:05 AM
    I had a medical abortion at 5 weeks, could I be pregnant again?
    I had a medical abortion on 06/25/11 I was 5wks along, I know the procedure worked, I took a pregnancy test on 08/02/11 it came up positive. I did have unprotected sex a couple of times a week after my abortion. I still didn't get my period and I am pretty regular. I get my period every 28days. So because I still haven't got my period I schedule an appt at the clinic were I got my abortion done so they can check me, since I never did go back for my follow-up appt. Is there a chance I could be pregnant or is it left over hormones from the abortion? If I am pregnant again I plan on keeping it. I let my boyfriend pressure me in to the abortion which I regret.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 08:11 AM

Yes, it is possible to be pregnant since you are not protecting yourself.

Make a doctor's appointment to get peace of mind.

Aug 9, 2011, 08:42 AM
    I have an appt on Monday where I got the abortion done, but I know they are tell me I am pregnant I have been having morning sickness all week and been peeing 20 times a day. I did take four pregnancy test and they all came up with strong positives.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 11:11 AM

It is possible,
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 11:46 AM

Then, I'm sorry but, you are indeed pregnant.
    Nyprcubanita718 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 12:54 PM

Its very possible!! Extremely. I got two abortions. Your NOT SUUPSSE TO HAVE SEX UNTIL TwO WEEKS OR UNTIL THEY CHECK YOU. For one you could get a serious infection and two your PREGNANCY CHANCES AFTER AN ABORTION BOOOST WAY UP.

If you had an abortion it was for a reason have protected sex. Dobt go through another abortion and hurt yourself trust me I know how emotionally it scares u

Aug 9, 2011, 04:21 PM
    I am not going to have another abortion I am keeping this baby if I am pregnant. It was so hard on me emotionaly and regret ever having to do that.
    hottaytay27 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Yes you are pregnant

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 weeks after abortion, still no period. Could I be pregnant? [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion using misoprostol alone in October 25th ( I live in a country where abortion is illegal). I started bleeding the same day I took the medication and had very painful cramps. I also passed a large clot. I stopped bleeding 6 days after, so I went to the doctor and she made me a...

Is abortion safe when I am 19 weeks pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

A week ago , I went through an abortion. I was 19 weeks pregnant as on Friday 17th December 2010. I opted for the abortion due to personal reasons. I am single. I don't have an active sex life , except for the person I am dating right now, we don't indulge in intercourse too often. We plan to get...

Can you get pregnant six weeks after an abortion from pre come [ 2 Answers ]

I am 19 had an abortion 6 weeks ago due to bad pregnancy, have had sex without contraception a few times, is it possible to get pregnant so soon after. Was 9weeks gone at time of abortion, healed well with no complications Thanks for any feedback

Heavy bleeding and clots after sex (6 weeks after medical abortion) [ 0 Answers ]

I had a medical abortion (with the abortion pill) 6 weeks ago and have been bleeding on and off since. I was put on the mini-pill (cerazette) and assumed that this was just a side-effect. However, after having sex with my husband this morning, I began to bleed really heavily (I was having to...

Pregnant after a medical abortion [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had a medical abortion on sept 19, my period still has not come yet and I am getting those symptoms of pregnancy but I know that don't mean anything because it could be me getting my period or my body getting ready for a baby. I took a few test they were negative but the conception date...

View more questions Search