Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NeedsHelpPlease Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2011, 10:16 AM
    How would I lose 80-90 lbs.
    I'm still in school and my low self confidence and my weight issues have been interfering with my classes. All I think about during classes is how fat I am or how the thinner girls must be laughing at me. I'm turning 13, I'm 5'3" last time I checked and weigh about 195 lbs.. I'm really embarrassed and deppressed because of my weight. I need to permanently lose the weight, but I don't have much money to do it with. I can't really take diet pills because I'm under 18. I have ordered diet pills and used them a few times, but I stopped using them because they made me jittery and I couldn't sleep to well, which scared me. My family, friends, and teachers are NOT supportive of me losing weight, so it's rather hard to lose the pounds when you feel alone and deprived. I am willing to do ANYTHING. Please help me?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2011, 10:25 AM
    You're really battling two things: your weight and being a teenager. :) The teenage years can be a little rough as you try to define yourself, we've all been through it. The best way to get through it is to not agonize over it - change what you can and don't stress over what you can't.

To lose the weight you want to lose (and to keep it off) is going to take time. Please stay away from the quick fix solutions, you'll aonly get heatache and lose money. Go instead for a lifestyle change that you can live with. Sometimes it may take more discipline that you're used to but we all do it and so can you. Be more active and seelct healthier foods (really cut out the fried foods). Can't stress the being active part enough - it also has a side effect of making you feel better inside. Try it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 10:29 AM

Yes first understand, there is no magic cure or quick fix, any pill or bottle or person that says there is, is trying to separate you from your money

Next it is not going to happen over night, you did not gain the weight fast and will not lose it fast.

You need to take a close look at your diet, what you are eating and start a controlled input.

Next you need to start to exercise, perhaps getting up early and taking a walk, and another walk after school is out and so on.

*** you also must sit down with your parents and discuss this before you start anything
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 8, 2011, 11:03 AM
    Diet pills don't WORK. Waste of money. You probably took one with caffeine in it so no wonder you were jittery.
    You don't say how much exercise you get, or what your parents serve for meals.
    If you want to lose 80 lbs, you need to plan on a year. You can lose more at first and less as it gets harder. 10 lbs a month is tough enough discipline, so do that for 3 months, and 6 lbs the next 6 months and 5 lbs the last 3. It won't be easy, and the entire year will be no sweets and very low fats and junky starches. You have to eat all healthy foods because you have to eat less overall.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to lose 45 lbs. In one month! HELP [ 2 Answers ]

Well I know this sounds weird but I am 13 years old and I weigh 180 lbs. and I don't like the way I look. I wear a size 11/12 in jeans and all of my friends are in a size 0, 00, or 1 and I want to wear at least a 5 or 6 cause they all ways want me to go shopping with them but I'm don't want to...

Trying to lose my last fifteen lbs [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost 40 lbs by realizing that my passion for life was not only food, but it was healthy food! Thank god! I feel so blessed to have this passion and I'm going to school for nutrition, that's my major. I love it! But I need to lose the rest of my weight... I feel like these last 15 lbs are...

How can I lose 30 lbs in 2 months? [ 12 Answers ]

I need to lose about 30 pounds or month in the next month or two and I'm not sure how To do it the right way. Im trying to do it where I don't have to purdge or starve myself.. Somebody please help me && tell me how I can do it the right way :confused:

I need to lose 150 lbs [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(

I need to lose 50 lbs as fast as possible [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I am about 50 lbs overweight, not obese but just overweight. It is so hard for me to lose weight, I have tried diets and everything. I was in an accident about a year and a half ago, I lost over 30 lbs after that but then gained back more than I lost. I broke my legs so I cannot exercise like...

View more questions Search