Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Aug 8, 2011, 03:54 AM
    Air conditioner Window Unit VS a Wall Unit
    Can you take a window unit AC and convert it into
    Wall unit by removing the curtains. The hole is already
    In the wall. Or must I buy only a wall unit?

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 8, 2011, 03:57 AM
    If it's small enough for the opening, it's fine. But it probably will need stuffing around the edges. Make sure it has the tiniest slope down so it can drain outside.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2011, 10:22 PM
    You have to be careful not to block the vents on the side of the unit. Some window units will work, but smaller ones will not. DrTom4444
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2011, 03:16 PM
    You can convert but make sure not to push the window type too far into the wall or it will block the vents and drain. Tilt out as joypulv notes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in a mobile home with intertherm heat and air unit the unit outside unit has bee [ 1 Answers ]

Live in mobile home with an intertherm unit outside unit is no longer running didn't know if it even needs to be running with the heat

Fume-like odor coming from window air conditioner unit [ 1 Answers ]

Just recently my window AC unit started emitting a fume-like, gassy, chemical type odor that gets increasingly stronger if the temperature is set above 72. The smell doesn't seem to match what others have described as strange AC odors and I'm wondering if it dangerous and how to get rid of it. I...

Outside Air Conditioner Unit Runs When The Air Conditioner Is Switched Off [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a Panasonic split system inverter air conditioner (7.4kw) brand new over Christmas so it is only a couple of months old. We had it installed by a qualified air conditioner installer and everything works perfectly as it should. However we have noticed recently that when the air conditioner...

Wall Unit vs Window A/C [ 3 Answers ]

I need to replace a wall unit a/c, since they are much more expensive I was wondering if I could use a window unit instead?

Venting a window air conditioner unit through a fireplace [ 12 Answers ]

I live in a two story town home (plus a basement) with no central air conditioning. I don't own it, so I'm limited as to what I can do. On the 2nd floor I have two window air conditioner units that keep the 2nd floor cool. There are no windows on the first floor only the front door and the...

View more questions Search