Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rurouni_song Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 10:57 PM
    Dated cheque
    I have a cheque dated from 2004 from canada, just woundering if the cheque expires after a certain date or it just stays good indefinetly.
    svpaigoa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 01:20 PM
    As per the Practice AND Law of Banking, any cheque more than six months old is considered to be stale and not payable by banks.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 08:07 PM
    But heck, you could get a teller off their rocks, try it anyway!

But I believe svpaigoa is correct and it becomes stale after 6 months.

Why not just have them issue you a new cheque?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Never dated [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I'm 27 years old and aside from still being a virgin (which sucks), I've never ever been on a date EVER! My parents were a bit protective (typical Indian parents) and until age 21, dating wasn't a big option or priority... on the bright side, I do have my own place (beautiful...

Subtenanats cheque bounced [ 5 Answers ]

Is bouncing of cheque by the subtenant a criminal offence?can igo ahead and file a police case?please guide me thrgh this becs I have never been into any legal thing before? Regards Pooja

Subleasrs cheque bounced [ 2 Answers ]

Hii I subleased my apartment to a person> we got his credit rating checked and all. His cheque bounced to us ?What can we do now?The apartment is in wheaton,Illinois>

Cash a Cheque [ 6 Answers ]

How old do you have to be to cash a cheque? If you under the age of 18 can you cash a cheque if it is addressed to you?

View more questions Search