Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bgrondin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 06:35 PM
    Which program should I enroll in?

I am going into my second year of university. I am currently enrolled in an honour's specialization in medical science (meaning I can take courses from many different science areas), but am considering switching into a more specific honour's specialization (either medical cell biology, clinical biochemistry, or chemistry and biochemistry). I was just wondering if it would look better applying to medical school or graduate school with a medical science honour's specialization (to appear more well-rounded), or a more specific honour's specialization (showing there is an area I am most passionate about). I think I'd like all the modules and my grades would be similar in all of them, so those aren't really factors in my decision.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 06:39 PM

I'd go with the well-rounded.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2011, 06:45 PM

At the undergrad level I would go with well rounded like Wondergirl said, then at the graduate level is where you would go for your specialization.
    yveted Posts: 37, Reputation: 0
    -

Aug 17, 2011, 12:22 AM
    In an age of specialization and education in complex skills, this ethic has gained importance and popularity.
    danie2020 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2011, 01:28 PM
    I personally think it would look better applying for medical school. I think you would have better chances of landing a job. I have a friend whose husband just graduated from a specialization program in biochemistry/bio defense and he cannot find a job anywhere.

My friends brother just graduated from medical school, he is a doctor, and is doing very well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I'm on probation, can I leave the state to enroll in rehab? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on probation for something other then drugs and am not required by the court to enroll in a rehab. I would like to enroll myself to a rehab while on probation but it requires me to be out of state for 3 months.

How to enroll in a school without a transcript of records? [ 4 Answers ]

To God be the Glory!I am a 25 yr old Single Parent of two lovely kids, at present I don't have stable job, I am living in with my Uncle's family, I came to Manila, Philippines to seek for any kind of legal job, but most of them requires transcript certifications,etc. I did not finish my studies, I...

Enroll in course when I-539 pending [ 1 Answers ]

Can a person enroll into a full time course(masters),when the C.O.S. from F2 - H4 is pending? The international student advisor says that you can enroll for one course alone and not more than that until the c.o.s. is approved.Is it true?

View more questions Search