Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisaphillips57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 12:37 PM
    Requesting interogatories
    Civil Suit 3rd party Credit Card debt.

I am requesting disclosure rule 194 within the alloted time.

Questions are:

Do I need answer the admissions and interrogatories before I receive answers to my request for disclosure?

Can I also request interrogatories of the plaintiff as well as the disclosure and at the same time?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2011, 02:04 PM

First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's. This can lead to confusion. You should start a new thread. So I've moved your question to its own thread.

Second, ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Your response should be I can neither confirm nor deny anything until the debt has been verified.
    lisaphillips57 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Follow up to response to original question
    I live in Texas.
    Civil Suit 3rd party Credit Card debt approximately 11,000.00.

I am requesting disclosure rule 194 within the alloted time.

This was a joint account in marriage that is dissolved, court order names each to 1/2 CC debt estimated to be about 22,000.00. I have cleared all other debt to credit card debt less this one, he took out a huge cash withdrawl (approximate 6,000) at time of separation without my prior knowledge taking the CC to the limit, which is also in the divorce decree that charges made solely by the husband from and after 12/7/2004 are his which would include the cash withdrawl. This was the only account assigned to both parties and left this obligation to former spouse who has not met his obligation by court order. He has not been named in the law suit and has no real assets to garnish or go after self employed and does not keep a checking or savings account.

Questions are:

Do I need answer the admissions and interrogatories before I receive answers to my request for disclosure?

ALSO

Can I also request interrogatories of the plaintiff as well as the disclosure and at the same time?

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 05:08 PM

Please do not ask an additional question for same subject.
    That question was deleted.

Please come back and "ANSWER" your own question to add more info, this is not a blog and there is no way to normally connect separate questions.

I have merged your newest post with your first post
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 07:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaphillips57 View Post

Discovery is in Rules 190-215 of The Texas Rules of Civil Procedure. You should review these rules for yourself, but normally you need to answer discovery with the required time (so many days) and you can't say "I won't unless the other party does first". And sure, unless there is something in there I don't see, you can request all of these at the same time.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2011, 08:04 AM

You must answer your rogs in the proper time allotted even if your rogs have not been answered.

Have you filed a Request for Production of Documents as well?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Requesting a new judge [ 12 Answers ]

How can a plaintiff request a new judge when she feels as though the judge is repeatedly swaying the other way. She is a single mother, has two jobs, and is in college. She came to me for advice. Tuesday was her court day. The father failed FOUR drug analysis tests and had owed her over $2500...

Requesting repairs [ 3 Answers ]

I have been renting a townhouse for 3 years. My Air conditioner broke in mid April I attempted to contact my out of state landlord, asking it please be repaired or That I was willing to have it fixed and deduct the amount from the upcoming MAy rent. This was sent in a form of email, She contacted...

Requesting assistance [ 2 Answers ]

My citibank account got turned over to a attorney collection agency, so I agreed to pay $300 then 5/07 the account was sold to another attorney collection agency, and I lost my good paying job. So I was sending $150 and now due to unforseen circumstances I am paying $80-95 per month. I received a...

Helpdesk requesting [ 6 Answers ]

A user emails the helpdesk requesting access to shared drive \\mnthyreportsclinic. This shared drive does not exist, however a shared drive \\monthlyreports does exist. Email the user requesting clarification.

View more questions Search