Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hauling frosty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Coils& filter area heats up when a/c is off
    When I turn it off the coils and filter area heats up... Gets really hot you feel the heat as you walk bye... Turning it on it cools down and is cold to the touch but, doesn't blow cold air out of the vents... Help me
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2011, 09:57 AM
    More info needed,, type of furnace/electric/gas/oil,is fan running?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold air from ac but not enough air flow filter OK coils clean freon is full [ 3 Answers ]

Unit is original fedders from 1972. Gas heat/elec air. Condenser mounted on roof. New thermostate from power co. (they have not started their savings program yet) replaced both motors within last 5 years, along with caps, and the 24/220 contactors. Redone most of the wiring, both above and below....

My kenmore side by side does freeze anymore coils frost on the bottom 2 coils [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore side by side model # 106.57282791 that I got in 97.The freezer gets cool but not enough to freeze.The bottom 2 coils frost and up the right side.The rest of the coils are not cold.What has happened?

Defrosting coils vs Cleaning coils [ 5 Answers ]

What is the difference in Defrosting A/C coils, and Cleaning A/C coils? My problem is I have been charged for cleaning, when all that occurred was Water poured on the coils to remove ice, which I believe to be a totally different service... certainly not worth 190.00... for the 15 minutes (top)...

Pump won't lite after cleaning filter and inner filter [ 1 Answers ]

Filter was complet mush and guk, also in the pump I took out and cleaned the screen , all good now, I primed filter and pump but still would not ignite. Blnk blk blk, after 3 second hold button furnace attempts then must hold for 30 secs to reset from lockout. SO after many attemps, "does it every...

View more questions Search