Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Aug 7, 2011, 08:27 AM
    Air conditioner unit slide out chassie
    My 10 year old 8,000 BTU whirlpool is icing up. I cleaned it, but it did not help.
    It is a slide out chassis. Do I have to but the same identical model of Whirlpool model AcQ082xk
    Or will another brand name slide into the cabinet already in cement.
    Window Unit
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 7, 2011, 08:47 AM
    10 years is 1,000 years in appliances. I am sure you will have to measure the space and just find the best fit. Spaces can be filled in. You are much better off with a new one anyway, in terms of efficiency. Spend more for fewer amps; it's worth the savings in electricity. (I don't mean BTUs, amps.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioner not blowing cold air, inside fan runs, but outside unit does not. [ 2 Answers ]

Unit not blowing cold air. Fan runs. Outside unit does not.

5 ton air conditioner unit [ 1 Answers ]

Is a 5 ton unit to big for 2000 sq ft double wide mobile home?I live in NC My unit is broke(16 years of service)Am unable to buy a new one,was blessed with one being given to me.Please advise me if using this one is OK.Thank you so much for your help.

Outside Air Conditioner Unit Runs When The Air Conditioner Is Switched Off [ 4 Answers ]

We bought a Panasonic split system inverter air conditioner (7.4kw) brand new over Christmas so it is only a couple of months old. We had it installed by a qualified air conditioner installer and everything works perfectly as it should. However we have noticed recently that when the air conditioner...

Water Dripping on the Air Conditioner - Air Filter [Trane Unit] [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Trane AC unit and off late I have observed am issue Condensate Water has begun Drip on Filter. The technician told that the freon level is on and there is no bildup or clog in the condensate water collection tray or the pipe draining out the water. However he has not been...

Outside air conditioner unit will not come on [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone I am new to the site and love it so far.I have a problem with my outside a/c unit.Inside furnace kicks on but the outside unit (fan and compressor)will not come on.I removed electrical panel and noticed that I could manually start the unit by pressing a button on the contactor with a...

View more questions Search