Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wdrouch Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 06:36 AM
    Condesation not draining outside
    Condensation is not draining to the outside but running out on the floor I would assume the drain line is clogged . Bleach? Hot water?? What would be a good fix?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2011, 07:14 AM

Sometimes you can separate at the unit and blow through the pipe, then add the bleach,
    If Glued, you may be able to blow from outside pipe in.
    Some People add a float switch that interrupts thermostat power so if a clog is present, it will not overflow. These are made for AC's and easily installed.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2011, 10:08 AM
    I`ve had very good luck with a strong wet/dry shop vac
    Stick hose over the end of drain wrap with tape so all the suction is doing its best

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Condesation dripping Trane air handler. [ 2 Answers ]

Why would condensation be dripping from where the gas/refrigerant lines go into my Trane air hanler (split system; air handler is right horizontal)? System appear to be working fine, but am concerned about moisture coming from somewhere other than drip pan or condensation pipe. System is new.

AC condesation line tied into sink trap [ 7 Answers ]

I have an AC line tied into the sink drain just above the trap. Just above that is what appears to be some type of venting port. This is positioned upright and is open to the line. The line is currently leaking as this "vent" is overflowing and leaking into the cabinet. The sink drain itself is...

Condesation on interior walls [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a answer to this problem. When ac is operating and outdoor temp is above 80 degrees water is forming on interior walls of one room. Room is in the middle of the home and has conditioned rooms on each side. The room does have one outside wall.

Condesation in Vent pressure hose [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Goodman furnace, model GMPN080. Condensate is collecting in the hose that connects the Vent Pressure Switch to the Ventilation Fan Housing. I have to drain the water from the line every 495 days so the pressure switch will operate when the vent fan come one. I have removed the drain...

Condesation on ceiling [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am having a terrible problem with condensation in my bedrooms over the windows on the ceiling I have had insulation blown in and a new roof in last 3 yrs I did check the vents in the eves and cleared them out but the problem is still there over the windows the room is cool yet my heat is set...

View more questions Search