Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allsmiles221771 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2011, 04:27 AM
    What happens if nobody will sign for the funeral home of an estranged family member
    What happens if nobody will sign for the funeral home of an estranged family member
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 7, 2011, 04:30 AM

Who arranged for the home to pick up the body?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 7, 2011, 05:00 AM
    Right. Once someone has a body taken to a funeral home, the funeral home goes after them for payment. If there's any assets in the deceased's estate, the home gets their fee from the probate court. Each state has funds for indigents. (I think my state has greatly reduced it during the recession.)

You should contact all immediate family and chip in for the cheapest arrangement allowed by your state.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2011, 07:55 AM

Not enough info, for example, if a they died at a hospital and no one arranged any funeral home, there are some that have to take the homeless or poor.

They would be buried ( after a certain number of months) in graves paid for by the state. If there is an estate or any thing the deceased owned, they will go after it.

If on the other hand, someone called and arranged the funeral home to pick them up, they may be liable,
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by allsmiles221771 View Post
    Hello a:

They'll put him in a pine box and plant him in the county cemetery. Prisoners from the local jail will dig the hole and say a few words.

What? You want a nice funeral?? You got to PAY for it.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can someone sign over their parental rights to a non family member? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a friend who has a 3 year old little boy. He has become a big part of our lives and We have come to love him as our own. We have him for weeks at a time and when he does go home it is only for a week or so before his mom calls us to pick him up again. There is not a father in the picture....

Can I sign my mortgage over to a family member [ 3 Answers ]

Can I sign my mortgage over to a family member

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

View more questions Search