Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wayneski Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 01:32 PM
    Change capacitor
    My ac capcaitor was changed yesterday (old one went out) The old one was a 40UF 440VAC 60HZ. The new one is a 45+5 MFD 370VAH 50/60HZ. Is this OK or can it cause other problems?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2011, 01:36 PM

Who changed this out? You? Where did you get the part from? Some parts are interchangeable and some are not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capacitor change honda civic 1990 distributor [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda civic hatch 3 door twin carby 1.5 l, bought it second hand and it has 223000 kms on it. It worked fine for couple of day then just stopped. When key positioned to start it turns the engine and the fuel pump is operational. Fuel is getting into the cylinder. Then I took the...

How do I change a capacitor in ceiling fan? [ 6 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Huntington III ceiling fan that is only 7 months old. The fan speed is stuck in the "high" mode. Using the pull chain doesn't change the speed. I contacted HB's helpline and was advised that it was a bad capacitor. They mailed me a new one but no instructions. How do I...

Capacitor size change for blower motor [ 2 Answers ]

general electric motor, direct drive, 5uf cap First check: when heat exchanger reached temp, the relay clicked but the blower fan just hummed. The bearings seem OK as a slight push causes a rotation that continues for some time. Also, such a slight push causes it to run fine for the cycle. ...

Ceiling fan: change capacitor for single speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Loyal Products made in Taiwan fan with melted 4 wire capacitor. The capacitor has blue wire in and red 4uF, white 4.5uF and yellow 5uF wires out. This is connected to a two layer switch by the red and yellow wire. The white capacitor wire connects to a red wire going into the motor. My...

View more questions Search