Ask
    chemical reaction Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Tools zoologists use
    What tools do zoologists use:confused
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2007, 08:58 PM
    Some zoologists do basic research. They try to discover new information about living things. They identify the new data and decide where to classify it within the current framework. Other zoologists work in applied research. They use data from basic research to help solve problems in areas such as the environment or health. Depending on the type of animal they are researching, zoologists may breed and raise specimens. They may also dissect animals and preserve their bodies.

Zoologists who work in research usually work in laboratories. They observe and work with the animals. Zoologists may run their own experiments or direct lab assistants to do so. They use computers, microscopes, and other equipment o analyze and record their findings. Some zoologists spend time outside labs. For example, a zoologist may do research in tropical rain forests to study monkeys' eating habits. They also may collect specimens to study in the lab.

Some zoologists work in administration or management. They may work for a conservation agency and report on what is impacting an ecosystem. They may plan and administer programs for museums. Some jobs in museums involve collecting or cataloging species. Zoologists may decide what species a museum needs and try to locate them. Others may design museum displays or lead educational programs.

Some zoologists direct activities at zoos or aquariums. In larger zoos, they may care for one animal group, such as the reptiles. They may collect or rescue animals that are ill or in danger. Other zoo keepers breed and raise animals. With the variety of species they care for, it is important for zookeepers to know the dietary needs and type of habitat each animal requires. They must observe and record each animal¿s lifestyle and eating habits to keep them healthy.

Some zoologists hold faculty positions at universities or colleges. They teach or do research, and often do both. They also write papers and give speeches about their research. Many write grants to fund their research projects.

For a breakdown of other necessary "tools of the trade" see:

Summary Report

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lumberjack tools of the 1800s [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: How were trees cut down in the 1800s and what type of tools did the men use to achieve this??

Exe password (xp tools)... [ 3 Answers ]

I had this xp tools demo version... I try to set a password on some of my exe files... but when I try to unlock it password was still there even I unstill the xp tools and even I delete it from the regestry and reboot when I activate the exe files it still ask for the password... (good thing I know...

PC Tools for the Blind [ 1 Answers ]

Please share any comments a/o recommendations regarding Windoze programs that allow the blind better access/usability to PC apps and the internet? I understand Dragon Naturally Speaking v8, finally hit the mark. Anyone? P2E :p

Network tools? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any one who knows a tool to check who is connected to the Domain computer from my workstation which is connected to the domain.. Plus were can I get a tool for using the user name and know inge the computer ip address?

Woodworking tools [ 1 Answers ]

Sir My question is related to woodworking on CNC machine I want to ask that is there any ROUTER BIT which can be reground or reused Is there is any router introduced which can optmise process in productivity & cost Thank you

View more questions Search