Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnycob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 06:49 AM
    My pump at the cottage lost its prime while we were away
    Hello, so our pump lost its prime and I can't figure out why. Its just a 1" line going to the bottom of a 25' well for a cottage. I replaced the pump with all new lines. Once I prime it, all it will pump is what ever I am putting in. It will not draw from the well. When I replaced the line in the well, I noticed that their was at least 15' of water down the well... What could be going on with this? I am lost!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2011, 09:38 AM
    Sounds like the foot valve isn't working properly. Did you replace it also? That might be your original problem too.
    johnycob Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 12:00 PM
    Actual, I just got it going. It was getting air at the tee at the top of the well. Putting one more hose clamp did the trick!! We can now take a shower! Isn't life wonderful

Thanks for your reply
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2011, 12:52 PM
    We had a cabin in the early 80's and I can remember when we got the well pump started for the first time, all the kids, 4 of them, my wife and I, standing around watching the toilet flush for the first time. Sure was better than the bucket behind the tree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to prime the pump for a well that serves a geothermac heat pump [ 0 Answers ]

The power went off for a while this afternoon. When it came back on... the pump had lost it's prime... how do I prime the work to get my air conditioning on again?

How do I prime my Cottage Pump? [ 1 Answers ]

How do prime the pump for my cottage water system. I have a jet pump that is suited for a shallow well it feeds into a " bladder" type water storage pump. I of course have to drain the system every fall to prevent freezing but I keep forgetting how to prime the pump.

Water well pump won't prime I know but I can't get to prime [ 0 Answers ]

I know how to prime a water well pump but Icant get it to prime . How would I know if something wrong with the pump

Well pump lost prime [ 6 Answers ]

Yesterday I had no water so I shut off the pump.noticed the inlet pipe from well was leaking.so I fixed it .I'm trying to prime the pump.iopened the bolt on top about 5 times.I have low water pressure but my tank feels empty.the air pressure on the tank reads 30lbs.how long do I have to wait for my...

View more questions Search