Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimwei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 06:21 AM
    Frigidaire refrigerator's freezer door leak
    I have a Frigidaire refrigerator model F45WJ26H, side by side type. Recently I discovered it's leaking a small amount of water under the freezer door hinge. The leak is not consistent, some day I get a couple puddles, some days I don't.

This morning I took off the white plastic cover under the hinge area and I think I found the leak. There is a water hose going from the freezer to the door and a plastic connector connecting the hose. The top of the connector is wet so that's where the leak is coming from. I took a picture of it:

http://www.jimwei.com/fridge/freezerdoorleak.jpg

What exactly does this part and the water hose do there? I looked online and couldn't find the part.

Thanks,

Jim
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 6, 2011, 10:23 AM
    It is the water feed for ice water if so equipped and also a feed for the ice maker. Those fittings are push together type and you might try and push the plastic tube into the fitting deeper. If not then you will probably have to replace the fitting and possibly the tube if the tube end has been damaged. This is one of those repairs in the field that sometimes you have to be creative to effect the cure.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 6, 2011, 10:33 AM

Frigidaire refrigerator model F45WJ26H

Water Tube Elbow
    Part Number: PS428212

f45wj26h Parts List

Quite pricey for a simple connector elbow. Might be able to find at local appliance parts store. As Hvac1000 says you might have to be a little creative. A PVC or brass ell from home center with hose clamps.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2011, 10:01 PM
    You will have to replace that fitting. I would get a compression fitting and be very careful not to over-tighten the fittings when putting it together. I don't know the size, but you can turn off the water and cut the fitting out and take it to a hardware store to get a matching brass fitting which will be a lot better anyway. DrTom4444
    ChrisPolk Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2011, 08:14 AM

This is the water connector. From the model number you mentioned, you should be looking for part number, 218922801, through the manufacturer. Now you can opt to find it online or at a local distributor, or you can purchase it through Frigidaire's Part Department at 1-800-599-7569 M-F 8a-8p EST.

Chris Polk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freezer door pops open slightly when refrigerator door is closed. [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Amana bottom freezer refrigerator and when I close the refrigerator door the freezer door opens ever so slightly, so one is not aware it is open. Also, when you gently close the feezer door it stops short of forming a seal and you need to push it to get it to close.

Water leak from freezer door [ 4 Answers ]

I have traced a leak from my refrigerator to the freezer door. At first I thought it was coming from a water line, but the water line and it's connectors are dry. I saw the leak coming from underneath the door, removed all food items from the freezer, and saw the leak coming from the molding...

Whirlpool side by side with water leak in freezer door [ 1 Answers ]

I have a side by side with water and ice in the door. There is water seeping from the door into the bottom of the freezer side. About every week or so it is built up enough that it leaks out onto the floor. I remove the ice block that has formed in the bottom of the freezer and the cycle...

MayTag freezer door opens when refrigerator door is closed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm new here. I have a 9 year old Maytag refrigerator with a freezer on top. Recently whenever I close the refrigerator I notice that the freezer door pops open. I looked at the seals around it but can't see anything wrong. I did notice that I can simply tap on the door and it will...

View more questions Search