Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    David_J Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2011, 02:47 AM
    Is shipping a car to another state expensive?
    I am moving in a few months from West Texas to Virginia. I am not familiar with how expensive shipping my car would be.Would it be better for me to just take the roadtrip?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2011, 04:18 AM

Why don't you explore your options by getting quotes on shipping your car; then determine how much gas you may consume making it a roadtrip. There are other factors in the roadtrip as well, such as stopping for meals and sleeping.
    Tick
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 6, 2011, 05:02 AM
    The biggest is dasautoshippers.com. Not the cheapest, but considered the best.
    Just put in the 2 zip codes and get an estimate. Probably in the $1200 range. The drawback is they don't deliver door to door.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2011, 05:51 AM

There are companies that hire people who need a one way ride to drive your car to its destination. This may be a less expensive option then shipping it. My brother used to do this to get back to college each year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Registering car in another state [ 12 Answers ]

I purchased a car at a dealership in Va. I do not have a valid Va driver's license;however, I do have a valid Tx drivers license When I purchased the vehicle I didn't even have a physical license on hand, just my license number. When the 30 day tags expired I was informed that the Va DMV would not...

Shipping a car to Kyrgyzstan [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to ship a car to family in Kyrgyzstan and am having trouble finding out how I do that. I've heard horror stories about shipping through Russia so I was wondering if there was anyway I could ship my vehicle to Pakistan and have it safely arrive in Kyrgyzstan (given current world...

Financed car now to expensive [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, First before anyone says it I am a fool. A huge one. I purchased a 2006 jeep wrangler in dec. of 06. I now owe 25000 on it. However my life style has changed and I want a more conservative and gas saving vechile. What should I do? Someone told me to buy a used car that is worth less...

View more questions Search