Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lovehelp5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 11:52 AM
    What's wrong with my boyfriend?
    Okay, me and my boyfriend just got back together about 2 months ago, and we dated a year before that. MOST of the time, he is better than when we dated before, but then sometimes he can be worse. He gets in these bad moods because of stuff with work and family, and I feel like I get the wrath of it because I am the last person he sees/talks to at night. He is also a tightwad with money and I think that I kind of made him that way because he used to spend every bit on money but I kept telling him to save it.. he is 20 by the way. He is going off to college in two weeks so he is trying to save up money, so we don't go out that often, maybe once a week/every other week, which is fine with me. I am his first real relationship and sometimes I don't think he "gets" it. I am really not trying to be too high maintenance, but I see my friends boyfriends buying them stuff all the time and do this and doing that, but then I don't get anything, I used to buy him stuff all the time, but I'm broke now too. But, he for the most part (other than his moody spots every now and then) makes me feel so good. I'm scared because he broke up with me last year a day before he went back to college, and I almost think me worrying is causing stupid little arguments. Were going to go two weeks the first weekend without seeing each other, and he picks around saying that I'm not coming to visit him all the time when he is there (he also comes home a lot because of hunting season), but I never can tell if he is serious or not, and he won't tell me for sure. He is so super sweet to me, and I love him, he just frustrates me sometimes. I don't know, I'm just confused. I just want peoples opinions on all of this; how do you feel about how I am, and also him? Thanks to anyone who reads and replies.. I know it is long.

OH, and another thing, in the middle of me not knowing if he was kidding or not(this happens a lot), he says that he's never getting married, and we won't be together forever. But, he's said I am the one before and then resumes to kissing and being all sweet. Ugh, so confusing.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2011, 09:12 PM
    I would definitely be confused too. Normally I would say just to take it day by day and see what happens, but the fact that he's said he doesn't ever want to get married and that you won't be together forever is a little puzzling. I don't know who would say something like that and be kidding. I don't think that's really something to joke about. How do you feel? Do you want to get married some day? Do you think you two will stay together while he's in college? That's a tough situation. Everyone's different and everyone's relationship is different. Are you going to school? Will you have something to keep you busy while he's focusing on school?
    agh1990 Posts: 40, Reputation: 15

Aug 28, 2011, 03:13 PM
    I think you're reading into everything he does far too much.
    So he doesn't buy you presents or take you out all the time, so what? That's not what love is. If anything, you should be pleased that you're with such a responsible guy who wants to save his money rather than splurge all the time.

The problem with college is a bit more tricky. Chances are that because of what happened last time, you probably are picking fights over stupid little things without meaning to, because you're scared that history will repeat itself so unconsciously you're already punishing him for something he hasn't done yet.

You need to sit him down and be honest with him. Tell him you're scared of him going again, because last time he hurt you. At least after a talk with him, you'll know where you both stand, rather than second guessing everything he does and says.

And as for marriage and being together forever, you need to completely forget about this for the time being. Sort out the relationship you have already before trying to fix something in the future that hasn't even been hinted at yet. If later in life, when you're ready for marriage and he doesn't want to, then you deal with that then, not now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

30 and never had a boyfriend, what's wrong with me? [ 10 Answers ]

I am nearly 30 years old and never had a boyfriend, what is wrong with me? I have been on a couple of dates but they were not right for me. Help!

What's wrong with me ? What's up with my extreme emotions? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I just turned 22 and my the world seems totally different from what it used to be. I find myself having "attacks" that are followed by an action my attack can go one of two ways I sometimes get very sad and feel as if no one listens and I start to cry. I usually hold back tears until I am by...

I need some one to tell me what's wrong and if any thing is wrong [ 12 Answers ]

My Partner And Me Have Been Having Sex For A Year Already But For 3 Months He Has Done It With Out A Condom And I Have Not Gotten Pregnant And We Really Want To Be Parents. What Is Wrong?:(

What's wrong with my boyfriend? [ 9 Answers ]

[ Ive been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 solid years and we've been friends for 5. When we first got together we were pretty much just bed buddies. Now I'm lucky if I get it once a week and it usually only lasts for under 10 minutes. We go through stages of getting along like one week well be...

View more questions Search