Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JODIE LOVE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2011, 07:00 AM
    In lake county Ohio how long can they hold a person in jail if they have not indicted
    After waiving your rights to a speedy trial. How long can lake county Ohio court system hold you without indicting you. In other words what are the statueof limitations.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2011, 07:23 AM

Hello J:

In legal matters, terminology is crucial, and you're mixing yours up.

He doesn't NEED to be indicted in order to be charged, and they have to CHARGE him within 72 hours after his arrest. If he's been charged, and I'm sure he has been, the statute of limitations doesn't apply.

Beyond that, once he's waived his rights to a speedy trial, the prosecution can take all the time they need to prepare their case. Getting an indictment is just icing on their cake.

He needs an attorney, and he shouldn't EVER waive rights.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Georgia state law How long can an inmate wait in jail before being indicted? [ 7 Answers ]

My son was charged with conspiracy to obtain steroids and they are trying to give him trafficking also but he didn't have any on him. He was charged with 9 felonies. They have not brought him before a grand jury and he has been in jail since May 20. 2010. They offered him 3 years and do 20 years on...

How long can a jail hold you on a probation violation [ 8 Answers ]

How long my a jail in Alabama hold you on a probation violation?

I am sixteen. I live in lake county Ohio. I am enrolled in BOSS which is a home scho [ 3 Answers ]

I am sixteen. I live in lake county Ohio. I am enrolled in BOSS which is a home school. My grades from last year are horrible because I did online schooling through my local school and they never cleared the grades. Not just for me but most people who participated. But anyway my boyfriend has a job...

How long can a probation officer hold a person in jail without a new charge [ 1 Answers ]

My brother was arrested for a probation violation his probation officer said he is not getting charged with a new charge how long can he be held in jail before they have to release him... we were told by a friend to the family 10 days was the max without a new charge being placed on him

View more questions Search