Ask
    donaslinger Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 10:44 AM
    How can I tell if a passport and visa is fake or not
    How can I tell if a passport or visa is fake or noy from ghana to usa
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Online friend? It's a scam and a very popular one.
    donaslinger Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 11:00 AM
    How can I tell if a passport is fake and visa I just got a email that said a passport is 10. Dollars and a visa is 131. And all was done through an agent so who got scammed me or her by the agent
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 11:06 AM

Hello d:

The person who put up the money got scammed. If it was HER money, you just lost a love. But, if it was YOUR money, you lost that PLUS your love.

excon
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 4, 2011, 11:33 AM
    You have pictures of the passport? The 419'ers photoshop those things all the time. Most of the time they are horribly done but people still fall for the pictures. I have seen some that are pretty good but you can still spot that they are fake if you're careful. Really though, if you sent money to someone in Ghana to get a visa and passport to come see you, chances are pretty high that you got scammed. Cut your loses now and walk away from it before you wind up losing more money... like for the plane ticket and for the "customs" fees, and for the sick mother/daughter/son...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2011, 07:03 PM

First passport comes from their nation, Visas will come from the US. Total cost is about 300 dollars.

But sounds like this one is asking for less to start ( you must likely not have a lot of money, but they will settle for a few hundred also.

But after that, then they will ask for a physcial, perhaps money in the bank account, or they get robbed and have to replace the passport, or something else.

Ghana is the most well known and most famous place for dating fraud in the world.

The fact the money is wrong for what they are wanting, then yes it is suspect.

But as excon said, if that was her money and she paid it, she got cheated, if you paid it, you got cheated,

Normally they are not even ladies, or if they are, they are 300 lb grandmas who are using grand kids photos, or stolen ID's.

Any ID can be faked to email a copy,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this passport fake or not? Ghana Passport [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I hope you can help me... I have someone I really like... I am young german boy... and I hope you can tell me... is this a fake ID? I hope you can help me thank you... http://g-international.net/passportpeter.jpg I really hope you can give me a clue

Punishment in using fake name and fake passport [ 1 Answers ]

My husband change his name so he can married another woman which working in italy. I am eager to know what proper action I need to take for them. Thank you...

Ghana Passport, Fake or not [ 7 Answers ]

Dear Sir, Good day to u. Sir, I actually love a girl from your country Ghana. I love her very much and I would like to marry her. I used to send her money every time she asks. But now she had send her passport copy for the visa money and all. I doubt her passport is original or not. I...

View more questions Search