Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    A.Davis Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Aug 4, 2011, 10:13 AM
    Credit and Reporting
    I just received my credit report and in 2007 I paid 2 accounts in full. One is rated an I7 even though not one payment came out under debt consolidation (I paid it in full before the first payment. The other debt was paid in full as well but was marked an R9 after the fact. I am wondering if there is anything I can do to imrove these negative scores seeing as though they are paid and up to date. As well I am wondering if there is anything I can do about the long and outdated (since 2005) list of thoes who have requested my credit report? Can I purge them and what about thoes who never had permission in the first place? Also I have one small collection agency account that was paid in full in 2007 can I get them off there? If it wasn't for these few problems my credit would be pretty good. As well how can I rebuild? I heard that having investments builds credit is this true? Please help. Thank you
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 10:59 AM

Write the reporting agencies and give your side of the story. They can change/correct the reports as they wish.

You rebuild by paying bills on time, not having a lot of open accounts and not having your debt/income out of proportion.

Investments do not build credit because investments are out of your control. Reporting companies care about what YOU manage.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 11:10 AM

Hello A:

What Judy says is true. You were sent forms for communicating with them when you received your credit report.

excon

Aug 4, 2011, 12:11 PM
    So I write and what negotiate or ask that they update this? It has been 4 years. I had 30,000 worth of debt at that time and all accounts were paid in full all reporting agencies excpet thoes 2 are reporting R1 even though some were of really poor standing.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 12:39 PM

I don't understand your problem - rhe credit bureaus report your financial situation EXACTLY and ACCURATELY. If the information is incorrect you can correct it.

If it is correct you can do nothing and have to wait for time to pass until the bad reports "fall off."

There is no negotiating. The info is either wrong and can be corrected or right - and so it stands.

Aug 4, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Ok thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Reporting tenants to Credit Reporting Agencies [ 4 Answers ]

If tenants do not pay the rent in the state of Georgia, can you report them to the credit reporting agencies?

Credit reporting after bankruptcy [ 4 Answers ]

A few years ago in 2003 my now husband filed chapter 7 and had some debt discharged. (This was before I knew him) The problem is that those debts are still being reported on his credit report. Can they do that? If not, what can we do about it? The situation has his credit in a place where it is...

Credit Reporting Used as a weapon [ 4 Answers ]

What are the options for getting a company to correct their erroneous credit reporting? This has to do with Geico the Insurance company. They terminated my policy, sent me a refund. Now they are claiming we re-signed and that we owe and are reporting the lack of payment. We never restated our...

Credit reporting [ 3 Answers ]

When someone is offered a settlement or you are negociating (sp) with a creditor or collection agency. Some say to try to get the creditor to put PAID IN FULL OR NEVER LATE OR no deal. How do you really know that they will abide by what they are saying, I know they can't be trusted. Do you wait...

View more questions Search