Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 8, 2011, 09:56 AM

Then a new therapist has to be found. This can't be swept under the rug.
    Jacob_s Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2011, 09:07 AM
    I'm trying, but it's not going as good as I hoped...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 9, 2011, 09:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's View Post
    I'm trying, but it's not going as good as I hoped...
    What did you say? What did she say?

Aug 10, 2011, 09:11 AM
    Generally I talk about what happened since the last session and then she tells me she doesn't want to be there and no good will come out,that it's a waste of time and money, and that she is prefectly fine...
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob's View Post
    Generally I talk about what happend since the last session and then she tells me she doesn't want to be there and no good will come out,that its a waste of time and money, and that she is prefectly fine...
    And this has been Happily married?? Sorry... but she really needs a few laws laid down... the first being stop doing that. SHe accepts she has a problem and tries to get help or you pack your stuff and file for divorce, your marriage was technically never consummated... and you might get away without paying anything. THAT is the one thing that would really be in your favor. IF you was married in the Church... they would easily give an annulment on those grounds.

Its only been 2 years... its a lot easier to walk away now... (and Cheaper) than if you put up with this crap for 10+ years before you get fed up and walk away then.

I really wish her the best and hope she gets help... but only if she accepts she needs it. No husband (or wife) should be forced to live a life of celibacy unless it's a mutual choice.

Aug 15, 2011, 02:23 PM
    I suppose your right, but I don't want to leave her. I don't want to be without her. I do need her, more than she actually needs me... I just don't want to be another person to hurt her.

Sep 8, 2011, 07:22 AM
    One has been found! She's finally opening up to me... I guess patientice does pay off. :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 8, 2011, 08:03 AM
    Keep us up to date with what's going on -- more details, please!
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Sep 8, 2011, 08:26 AM
    I just stumbled across this, and I am so glad to hear that another therapist has been found!

I have also had a traumatic sexual experience as a young girl, but have been able to have healthy sexual relationships with my partners. Granted there were some times when it was hard and confusing for me, that’s why therapy can be such a great tool for issues like this.

With her saying "nothing good can come of this" I am thinking there is a deep rooted issue from her past that she does not want brought up. If she loves you, it's going to be something she has to get over. If not she needs to start fresh with a partner who chooses to be celibate themselves. If you want to make this sacrifice for her, kudos to you, you are a very strong, understanding man, and she is one LUCKY gal.

I wish you both the best of luck, and please do keep us posted.

Oct 6, 2011, 09:04 AM
    :) All is going well. While I haven't had real sex with her yet, we're getting there. I have found out that the man who raised her as a child was not her father and he abused her up until the age of 14 when she ran away. The woman she believed to be her mother was her aunt and after a few years she found her real parents... From there I don't know yet...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 6, 2011, 09:20 AM
    Baby steps, take baby steps. Sounds like all is truly going well. Please continue to check in and let us know. (And I admire your patience.)

Oct 6, 2011, 09:31 AM
    Thank you.

Oct 7, 2011, 06:52 AM
    For the first time in a long time she slept in my arms. Her past is a lot more confusing then I ever thought it could be. It makes sense why she wouldn't talk to anyone. Last night we just talked... She told me she's been afraid. She was afraid that I would just walk away and leave her at the moments she needed me the most and she explained how torn she was between locking herself away again and just letting herself out. She said she wants to have sex so bad but can't bring herself to do it all... I finally know all of what I have to do and I'm so glad I didn't leave.

Oct 7, 2011, 09:41 AM
    I am taking my wife out on vaction for two weeks ;) so I won't be able to post updates
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 7, 2011, 09:44 AM
    Have a great time and be gentle with each other! We will miss you and will be glad to hear from you when you return.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Oct 8, 2011, 08:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_s View Post
    For the first time in a long time she slept in my arms. Her past is a lot more confusing then I ever thought it could be. It makes sense why she wouldn't talk to anyone. Last night we just talked... She told me she's been afraid. She was afraid that I would just walk away and leave her at the moments she needed me the most and she explained how torn she was between locking herself away again and just letting herself out. She said she wants to have sex so bad but can't bring herself to do it all... I finally know all of what I have to do and I'm so glad I didn't leave.
    I am glad you are patient and willing to work things out.

You don't need to be a martyr. You get to say out loud what you want and what you need.

And I think you are doing a great job of both.

QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

Oct 9, 2011, 03:05 AM
    Am so glad to hear the progress. Hope you both have a great holiday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hw does a chemical change differ from a physical change? [ 2 Answers ]

Don't feel bad... I have a Yamaha 12 string. It's a "FG-410-12" When I enter my serial number it tells me it was made from 1988 until 1998. However I bought mine brand new and still have the receipt for it dated 1973 so their system leaves a lot to be desired. Every ten years they start the...

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit? [ 1 Answers ]

What is 'change agent' or 'change maker' or 'change' in Sanskrit?

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why? [ 1 Answers ]

Would the NPV change if the cost of capital change and why?

Minor Name Change/Birth Certificate Change [ 2 Answers ]

15 year old minor, born in Marion County, Indianapolis, IN, living in WI with his dad, mom in FL--with joint custody, would like to change his name to his dad's and has both parents consent. Does this have to be filed in IN? Are there forms that the parents can fill out and file without the...

View more questions Search