Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 07:12 AM
    The honeymoon is over
    THE HONEYMOON IS OVER

You know the honeymoon is over when the comedians start.

The liberals are asking us to give Obama time.
    We agree... and think 25 to life would be appropriate.
    --Jay Leno

America needs Obama-care like Nancy Pelosi needs a Halloween mask.
    --Jay Leno

Q: Have you heard about McDonald's new Obama Value Meal?
    A: Order anything you like and the guy behind you has to pay for it.
    --Conan O ' Brien

Q: What does Barack Obama call lunch with a convicted felon?
    A: A fund raiser.
    --Jay Leno

Q: What's the difference between Obama's cabinet and a penitentiary?
    A: One is filled with tax evaders, blackmailers, and threats to society.
    The other is for housing prisoners.
    --David Letterman

Q: If Nancy Pelosi and Obama were on a boat in the middle of the ocean
    and it started to sink, who would be saved?
    A: America!
    --Jimmy Fallon

Q: What's the difference between Obama and his dog, Bo?
    A: Bo has papers.
    --Jimmy Kimmel

Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
    A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
    --David Letterman
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 07:26 AM
    Daily Kos: Liars, liars, liars

All of this is false, of course. None of the comedians on this list said any such things. That hasn't stopped this email from flying around the wingnutosphere.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 07:36 AM

I watch the Jimmy Fallon show never heard that joke. The mindless tea party. I guess they believe anything in an email. I wonder how many are waiting for their millions from Nigeria!
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 07:38 AM
    Deliberately posting lies - it doesn't get any lower.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 07:41 AM

Smoothy posted this To Celebrate Obama's Birthday.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:08 AM

And you don't see the irony in someone at Kos complaining about liars spreading BS?
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:19 AM
    Sorry Mister Source Approver.

Here it is from another source:
    Late night talk show political humor - snopes.com

Take up the "spewing BS" with Smoothy, not me.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:22 AM

Hello NK:

Steve wasn't DENYING the post is a lie.. He's just trying to shift the blame. It's an old Republican trick.

excon
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello NK:

Steve wasn't DENYING the post is a lie.. He's just trying to shift the blame. It's an old Republican trick.

excon
    Ah OK, thanks. You've dealt with him longer than me.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:35 AM
    Hello NK:

LOL, I learned it from YOU. :D
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:44 AM
    Still the honeymoon has long been over, the late night jokes about Obama have been coming for a while.

Speaking of jokes, real jokes from Tuesday:

The Tonight Show with Jay Leno

President Obama will turn 50 on Thursday. Congress has agreed to raise his age ceiling.

To give you an idea of how bad our credit is, if Obama wants to take another loan from China, his mother-in-law has to cosign.

After the debt vote, Sen. Chuck Schumer said it’s time for jobs to move to the front burner. They’re only worried about our jobs when they’re about to lose their jobs.

A new report has found that adults in Washington, D.C. are among the top users of cocaine in the country. All this time, we thought the problem was government waste, but it’s actually that the government’s wasted.

Conan

The president signed the debt ceiling bill into law. Democrats hate it and Republicans hate it, so I guess it can’t be that bad.

The debt deal calls for the formation of a “super Congress” to take on tougher decisions down the road. In case you’re wondering, a super Congress consists of six congressmen from each party, plus Wolverine.

The world’s 7 billionth person is expected to be born in India in October. He’s also expected to look a lot like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    Late Show with David Letterman

New York City has been voted the most “walkable” city in the world. As a matter of fact, I plan on walking right through this show.

They say we avoided economic disaster. So now we’re $16 trillion in debt. That’s not “economic disaster?”

The economy has gotten so bad that I had to buy everybody in the audience shirts.

Vice President Joe Biden referred to the tea party as “terrorists.” This is a real slap in the face — to terrorists.
    Jimmy Kimmel Live!

Why would we celebrate Arbor Day as a national holiday, and not Shark Week? I’ll start caring about trees when trees start biting sea lions in half.

They say sharks are more afraid of us than we are of them, which I find hard to believe. I don’t think they have nightmares after seeing movies about us.

The new season of “Jersey Shore” begins this week, and so does our national shame.

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon

Hey, it’s rumored that Charlie Sheen checked his ex-wife Brooke Mueller out of rehab in Mexico and brought her to another facility. Which begs the question: What kind of rehab facility lets Charlie Sheen check someone out?

The TSA has a new program where agents have in-depth conversations with passengers to detect suspicious behavior. Or as most people put it, “You know what, I’ll just take the groping.”

A company in Seattle is coming out with a medical marijuana patch for dogs and cats. So finally, dogs and cats won’t have to buy their weed illegally.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:48 AM

Hello again, Steve:

Not a mean spirited joke among them.. I guess you and smoothy can't tell the difference... Bummer for you.

excon
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 08:48 AM
    Sure, let's keep bumping up this embarrassement. :D
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 09:18 AM
    Hello again, Steve:

Not a mean spirited joke among them.. I guess you and smoothy can't tell the difference... Bummer for you.
    Um, I'm the one who posted the real jokes and you already said I CAN tell the difference. And I thought you'd enjoy the last one. OK, so humor is out on this board.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    And I thought you'd enjoy the last one.
    Hello again, Steve:

I LOVE pot jokes.. I just didn't find that one funny.. It was.. it was.. what were we talking about?

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 10:28 AM

As my dear late mother used to say:

Many a truth is spoken in jest.

And I think she was right on ALL these jokes err should I say jests.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 10:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    As my dear late mother used to say:

Many a truth is spoken in jest.

And I think she was right on ALL these jokes err should I say jests.
    That is a true quote. Except the people Smoothy quoted never said the jokes.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2011, 10:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spitvenom View Post
    That is a true quote. Except No one actually said the Jokes Smoothy posted!
    I was just about to say that. I use that quote too but it's only valid for something that was actually said - not complete fabrications.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2011, 03:20 PM
    Pehaps you've heard this one
    President Obama decided to do one of his public addresses against the backdrop of an American farm, but the ceremony couldn't get started because of all the flies buzzing around his head. Obama demanded to know why the flies wouldn't leave, so the farmer explained to him, "Well, those are called circle flies. They always circle around the back end of horses." Obama angrily replied, "Hey, are you saying that I'm a horse's a$s?" The farmer answered, "No Sir, Mister President. I would never call someone a horse's a$s. It's hard to fool them flies though."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HONEYMOON in the caribbean.don't know where to go? [ 9 Answers ]

My fiancé and I are planning on getting married in June 2010. We have decided to go to the Caribbean. I have been to CanCun and want to go some where else. Of course we want the beautiful green aqua waters! Any suggestions. :o

Honeymoon night [ 5 Answers ]

I'm getting married on sept 9th and I want to have an extra special night of romance on our wedding night. We are sexually active now he is the one and only guy I have ever done anything with. I was looking for some advice or suggestions as what I could do to make this an extra special night I'm 21...

Honeymoon Debt [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married in November and my husband and I have decided, since we are young and have the time, we would take our honeymoon in Australia. Before confirming the trip, we were well awareof the debt we would be in and have discussed the pros and cons for our future (a house and children). ...

Honeymoon in Costa Rica [ 1 Answers ]

I'd like to buy travel insurance for my upcoming honeymoon, because my fiancee's mother is in the hospital. She is not in imminent danger of dying. 1) If she were to die (God forbid), before or during our honeymoon (just to be clear, my mother-in-law will not be along for the trip), would travel...

View more questions Search