Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pregunta Posts: 169, Reputation: 3

Aug 3, 2011, 08:11 AM
    Webpage Loading Speed on Mac?
    I am looking to get an iMac 27" with 2,7GHz processor. A friend who has one says there have been issues with web page loading speed. Is there anything to this?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Web page loading speed is much less a function of the hardware than a combination of software and internet connection bandwidth.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 4, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Web page speed is connected to several things like connection speed, the speed of your DNS (Open DNS is good), and other programs running. Some browsers are faster than others with Chrome and Safari being among the fastest. I use all 3 major OSs daily and find OSX to be as fast or faster than Windows when surfing.
    I personally feel that OSX and Linux are faster because less is preloaded into RAM and there is less malware for those operating systems in the wild. Remember with the iMac you can run Boot Camp and boot into windows if you like or run a virtual machine and run windows from within Apple's OSX.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find final speed when initial speed and average speed is given [ 5 Answers ]

a car travels a certain distance with a speed of 40m/s and returns with a speed 'u'. If the average speed for the whole journey is 48m/sec what is the value of'u'?

Computer won't go to one webpage [ 1 Answers ]

I'm in college so we register online through a certain website. My internet connection works fine and I can get to any website but this one. I've tried getting to it through certain links but it says that it can't connect. I can get on it from any other computer but mine. Do you think my firewall...

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading... "? [ 3 Answers ]

How to displace the loading image with a message like "loading"?

Find a webpage [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a webpage that will give me a list of corporate and or large franchise retail home décor, garden centers and furniture stores. I am not intrested in mom and pop retail establishments. Thanks

MP3 for webpage [ 1 Answers ]

I want to use an MP3 on my webpage, but I just want a short piece of it. Any idea what software I can use to cut a clip out of an MP3?

View more questions Search