Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maligreg00 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 09:21 AM
    Location of a famous place
    When my boss was a child he stayed at a historic mansion in or around Oslo, Norway. He believes is used to be a royal cabin and it was made of teak wood. It had over 10 bedrooms and had an indoor steam room on top of an underground spring. It had large fireplaces at least 6' tall. He thinks it used to be a hunting lodge for the royal family. He believes he stayed there in the 1960's and it was used by the military (Airforce?) for their families to stay and vacation. He also thinks the town and lodge are near a hollowed out mountain that was used by the military. It would have been like an underground city inside the mountain. I hope someone can tell me the name of the lodge and where it is located. Thanks!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2011, 10:55 AM
    Kolsas Leir was a NATO base in Kolsas, Norway until 1994. I don't see anything about the teak royal cabin, yet.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2011, 11:03 AM
    Royalinsight.net has pictures of all the current royal residences, and one is wood but many more than 10 bedrooms.
    The area of Norway around the NATO base is now a very expensive bedroom community around Oslo and it's possible that the teak mansion in now privately owned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1. To pinpoint the absolute location of a place, geographers use [ 5 Answers ]

Nearby landmarks. The Atlantic and Pacific oceans. The North and South poles. Latitude and longitude.

Where is the location of the best place in PMP in Jeddah [ 0 Answers ]

I want to know the location , so I can visit .

Can a default judgement take place without you knowing until after it is in place [ 1 Answers ]

I am from Ontario. Can a default judgement be put in place by a collections agency without you knowing until after it is in place

Does a non-compete clause apply to primary location or location of employment? [ 13 Answers ]

Does the non-compete apply to primary location of business, location of employment or any of the locations? There are 3 locations in my area, the clause states 10 miles and 2 years.

View more questions Search