Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TiredWoman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2011, 09:15 AM
    My Heat Pump heats but doesn't cool. Air is circulating.
    My heat pump heats just fine, and the air handler is working, but it won't do the A/C in summer. I had this problem with another hp and it turned out to be the thermostat. Are there other things I should consider before replacing the thermostat? Ducts are being cleaned.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2011, 11:15 PM
    You have a problem that has resulted in the reversing valve not working. This could be a number of things, even incorrect wiring of the t-stat. You need a technician to fix this, you cannot unless you understand heat pumps. They are really simple to a tech, but you will waste a lot of time and money trying to replace parts when there is another problem. If you were in Jacksonville I could help. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pump blows cool air,then warm air, then cool air again [ 5 Answers ]

My heat pump comes on, blows cool air, then hot air, then back to cool air again. The unit also runs for days at a time without ever shutting off, thus causing my electric meter to be moving very fast, and running up my electric bill. It has been running now for 42 straight hours. What can...

Heat pump heats in cool, does nothing in heat? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1997 model Coleman Evcon heat pump. It has worked fine for the last 13 years, up until this summer when I set it to "cool". Hot air blew out and cooked my house until I turned it off. I replaced the thermostat thinking it finally gave out, but the system still did the same with the new...

Bryant heat pump heats but doesn't cool. [ 0 Answers ]

This past winter my Bryant heat pump was working fine, then one night the blower motor would not shut off. Had to trip the breakers to get the blower to stop. The outside fan would come on for heat, but not for cool now that it is warm and I need cooling, the unit will not blow cold air. The...

Heat pump blows cool air [ 3 Answers ]

I just got a new Trane heat pump system installed (air handler and outside unit) 6 months ago. The weather has been around 32 in these parts for the last few weeks and in the 50/40s before that. During this period the heat pump periodically blows cool air for about 10 to 30 minutes and then...

Heat Pump Doesn't cool, even heats up whenon Cool Setting [ 4 Answers ]

About a 10 year old "YORK High Performance" heat pump... The heat pump was set to Cool for my summer AC and usually has been working well. At noon on a warm day it stopped The element inside-blower with the freon (sp?) would not get cool and for short times heat up blowing warm air in an...

View more questions Search