Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 04:02 PM
    Arkansas Sales Tax Permit?
    I want to sell produce on the side of the road do I need a tax nunber?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 1, 2011, 04:12 PM
    You need a business license from the town where you plan to have your stand or truck. This might be denied if they think you will cause a traffic stoppage or other hazard along the road, and they may post notices for adjacent landowners to object. Go to the town hall.

A tax ID is first obtained from the IRS and then you can use the same number for the state. You can use your own SSN if you are just in business for yourself, with no employees and no incorporation. So you probably don't have to do anything in that regard.

Many truck farmers get together to have a local town farmers' market. It's easier as far as permits and so on, and you also get more business in an unused parking lot than you do along the road.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Arkansas sales tax permit for auctioneers [ 1 Answers ]

I'm an auctioneer in Arkansas and I know that if I sell at an auction house on consignment I will have to have a sales tax permit but is this the only time I'm required to have one?

Public record of NJ sales permit [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to find out if a business has a sales tax permit?

Tax land sales in Arkansas [ 1 Answers ]

I have been wanting to go to a tax auction for years and I think I understand the process but how do I research the property that is for sale? How do I find a physical location of where it is so I can go look at it and make sure there is an easement onto it?

View more questions Search