Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fun guy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Long distance GF stayed out all night
    I am in a long distance relationship and the other night my GF was out I found out. I texted her probably 3 times at different times just to see how her day went. I never heard from her until 5 am saying how much she loves me and all the sun shines out my *** etc. I finally talk to her and she says she was at a party all day and gives weak argument that she fell asleep. I asked her a few questions and she answered a couple then got pissed and stopped. Says she loves me and that should be enough. The truth is I am the former booty call that she was cheating on her last BF with. I am a little concerned and don't really know if she can be trusted or not? When she drinks too much she gets very flirty and she passes out. I know because that's what happened to her and I.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Aug 1, 2011, 02:49 PM

Well when did you start texting her? Maybe she WAS already asleep. Maybe she didn't look at her phone after a certain point because she was too drunk.

It's pretty unfair to not trust her due to her past actions, especially when you helped her partake in those actions? Has she ever cheated on YOU? If you can't trust her on the very premise of your relationship with her, then do both you and her a favor and break up with her.

She is human and has made mistakes in the past, but she has a right to prove herself trustworthy now. If you can't forgive her past mistake (which means that YOU were the mistake in the first place), then she'll never have a chance no matter how trustworthy she tries to be NOW.

If you want her to check in every X amount of hours, let her know that-then she can either respect that or disappoint you based on rules she knows exist.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 03:07 PM

If you don't trust her, why are you in a relationship with her?

Quite frankly, you have first hand knowledge of how trustworthy she is and that she has issues with her behavior when she drinks. Either you accept that she feels more strongly about you than she did her ex and behaves better or you stay insecure and question her every move because you don't trust her or the people she is around.

Do the two of you have set times for talking or do you expect her to always be available when you try contacting her? I ask because there is a big difference between staying in touch and checking up/keeping tabs on your girlfriend. If you aren't allowing her space because of your fear, then you may end up causing what you don't seem to want to happen-her walking away.

Do you sit by the phone waiting for her to contact you? Even if you were in the same location, you need to be able to trust each other enough to be able to go out with friends and have fun without each other.

Trust her or move on.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2011, 05:29 PM
    I agree.

Trust is one of the basics.

With LD its hard. She isn't going to sit at home, nor should you.

"The truth is I am the former booty call that she was cheating on her last BF with"

Well, that isn't a great sign. But you are both in control of your actions, right?

At some point you guys need to come back down to earth & decide your futures.

And how long. What it is exactly you both have.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 06:53 PM

Sorry guy, but I am having a BIG problem with what the heck could you be thinking trying to make a trustworthy, loyal girlfriend, out of a lying cheater. Maybe you are the one who needs to stop drinking or something because your actions don't make sense.

I sure wouldn't trust her with my booty, and I sure as heck wouldn't trust her with yours either. Just me though. I would be more protective of my booty.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2011, 07:05 PM
    Comment on talaniman's post
    I hate lying cheaters

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Stayed in US till Oct/10 , my wife stayed jointly till Apr/10. What will be filing St [ 1 Answers ]

I have stayed in US till 30th Sept 2010 on L1 visa. My wife on L2 had a SSN, and stayed with me till April 23, 2010. Now both of us are out of US. What will be our filing status? Can I file as"Married filing jointly"?

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

Girlfriend went clubbing with her friend and stayed out all night [ 11 Answers ]

My girlfriend usually goes out with her friends to a club in our town on Friday evenings. Last few weeks her friend has asked her to a club in the city. She usually always sends a text when she's home just to say she's safe (her suggestion not mine). I woke up last night and looked at my phone,...

He stayed the night even though we are broke up [ 3 Answers ]

We broke up because I strayed he said no more chances though last night he came over we dranke wine and made love all night he stayed and said to me the more he knows me the more beautil I am to him

View more questions Search