Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miukcity Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 08:26 AM
    Transmit a message via wireless network
    What would be the best technology to use to provide the following solution?
    Want design an object which transmits one signal when it is orientated vertically and another signal when it is horizontal. The message also needs to be able to identify the unique object it was sent from.
    A wireless internet network will be available.
    Thanks for any help!
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 01:36 PM

Are you talking about the antenna being horizontial or vertical or the actual object itself?

If it is the object itself you could incorporate a mercury switch inside it to tell the spacial orientation of the object.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 28, 2011, 02:16 PM
    Identifying the station sending the data is already covered the devices MAC address is included in every packet sent. How to determine the stations orientation can be done by mercury switch or other means I thnk there are chips that can be used that can determine orientation I do not think phones and tablets have mercury switches and they figure it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can not figure out my wireless network password, I have a router and wireless network [ 2 Answers ]

I have wireless network through, router. My wireless network password is saved on my laptop. My brother wants to use his laptop in my home using my wireless network, I know my ip address how do I give him password and key I have forgotten

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Mapping network drive over wired/wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I have a problem and have been looking for an answer for a week or two now. I hope someone here can help me because it's hard for our business to function without this mapped drive. Here's the deal. I manage my company's network, which was until recently shared between two buildings by...

Not on college network, my computer says it cannot detect wireless network?Belkin [ 2 Answers ]

I took my Dell laptop with me to college and used a cable to hook it up in the dorm. When I came back for the holidays my parents had gotten a new wireless card (BELKIN) for their laptop but said that they didn't change anything else. My computer used to run wireless at this home and my parents...

View more questions Search