Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    concernedmom26 Posts: 26, Reputation: 3

Aug 1, 2011, 07:09 AM
    How to cure computer virus
    Hello last night I was on my lap top and it suddenly kicked me off the internet and has not let me back on since.the virus detector (which was not active did not know) said that the computer was infected with 37 virus it had trojan worm listed and 2 trojan cookies... I tried to get on the internet to download some software but was unable to stay on internet without being kicked off... what I am asking is is there anywhere I can take it or anything I can do to fix this all suggestions are appreciated
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2011, 07:41 AM
    I'm a little biased here, but you can always take it to GeekSquad. :)

What anti-virus software are you using?

I would recommend checking out Malwarebytes. Download that from another computer to a flash drive and try to install on it on the infected one and run a scan.

Also, download HiJackThis, run it and post the log.

Aug 1, 2011, 10:28 AM

What a great idea about the flashdrive I will give a try thank you so much for your help... is there anyway to tell where the virus came from?
    Oh and my anti virus thing had expired a day or two before this happened.. avg

Aug 1, 2011, 10:29 AM

What is highjck this.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2011, 10:37 AM
    AVG is garbage. Get Avast or Avira. Search Google for HijackThis.

Aug 2, 2011, 08:40 AM

OK thank you again :)
    AskME4 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Mar 30, 2012, 04:43 AM
    Hi,
    This is what users should to in this situation:

1. Boot into Safe Mode with Networking by pressing F8 during boot
    2. Download Free spyware scanner : Link
    3. reboot in normal mode and Install the program
    4. Run it and remove infected files with downloaded program or manually. This is Rogue DataBase - Pcthreat there you will find all existing threats and files which you should need to remove.

Brandonk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 07:04 PM
    WOW! I had the same problem as you, FadedMaster. I tried the solution that AskME4 suggested and it worked flawlessly, the first time. I would recoment that to anyone who has this problem. The only thing is that instead of pressing F8, I had to press F12. THis actually works!
    Brandonk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Correction, it wasn't FadedMaster's problem it was Concernedmom26
    DsprtCfsd Posts: 41, Reputation: 9

Aug 10, 2012, 07:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AskME4 View Post
    Hi,
    This is what users should to in this situation:

1. Boot into Safe Mode with Networking by pressing F8 during boot
    2. Download Free spyware scanner : Link
    3. reboot in normal mode and Install the program
    4. Run it and remove infected files with downloaded program or manually. This is Rogue DataBase - Pcthreat there you will find all existing threats and files which you should need to remove.
    If I may, I would recommend turning off System Restore, reboot and install the AV application in normal mode, and then reboot in safe mode again and run the application.

System Restore - certain Malware is designed to take advantage of the System Restore and it will come back even after you have successfully remove it.

Safe Mode – running the application in safe mode limits the applications and services from running which should stop any of the modified or added services of the Malware from starting up and preventing you from successfully removing it.

There are quite a few free AV software available on the net. Some better than others obviously and some way more aggressive than others. I typically will use a combination (never installed all at the same time) to try and clean a computer. Malwarebytes is pretty good and stay fairly up to date. Another is Adaware.
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
    The best way is to run a full scan of your system through some good Anti-virus software program like Macafee, Trend micro or Microsoft Security Essentials.

I am sure you might get rid of your problem once your system get fully scanned.
    karengrimes94 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2012, 02:58 AM
    Curing virus and to avoid any harm to PC from trojan horse, virus, malware or any web threats every system should have well set firewall settings and a good anti-virus software program.

Here are some of the good anti-virus software program:
    Microsoft Security Essentials
    MacAfee
    Trend Micro
    aerotampa Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2012, 07:13 PM
    Sounds like you picked up a rogue virus, OK best bet, boot into safe mode with networking and grab FREE version NOT the paid one, this will download and install and run in safe mode just fine: Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

You need something more and can access another PC go here and make a rescue disk, this is to boot up into an infected machine and run right out of memory, you will have to change boot order when starting up, it's usually F12, boot from CD or you can make a bootable USB drive too but it will remove the most stubborn malware and it's FREE:

https://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/rescuedisk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Virus [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I have an HP with a virus on it and I had an illegal copy of windows 7 on it which wiped the recovery off the computer. Im not sure how to reboot the computer and wipe it clean. Microsft contacted me and made me buy the real copy because they found out it was illegal. Now that I correct...

Will my computer get virurs if I use a program with virus with my computer [ 1 Answers ]

Will my computer get virurs if I use a program with virus with my computer

My sounds just stopped on my computer. Does anyone have any suggestions for the cure? [ 1 Answers ]

Not sure what the problem is. I think the speakers work. So it could be something on the computer

Virus on my computer [ 15 Answers ]

I think I have a virus on my computer. I ran spybot and it finds at least 5 thing, but none of my other virus detector seems to recognize anything. I've also ran SpyEraser and Malwarebytes' Anti Malware. I suspect that I still have a virus because, when I'm working online, a new tab opens up by...

There's a virus on my computer what do I do! [ 4 Answers ]

Ok a few days ago my little sister started playing some games online and didn't pay attention t her though. When I got on the computer it was freezing. Now its been like this for two weeks there are many pop-ups of advertisements like redCure, shop or stop zilla and etc never seen in that in my...

View more questions Search