Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 02:18 AM
    I am too possessive! It hurts my boyfriend! I really want to change!
    I am too possessive! It hurts my boyfriend! I really want to change!
    Suggest me a solution.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2011, 04:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zl View Post
    i am too possessive!! it hurts my boyfriend!! i really want to change!!
    suggest me a solution
    Hello z:

People who are possessive don't believe anybody will love them because they don't think they're worth it. So, if you want to fix your possessiveness, develop some self esteem. It might take some counseling.

excon
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 11:26 AM

Why can't you stop acting possessive, what's stopping you? Just change your behavior and think before you act, or speak. You can't control anyone but yourself, so control yourself.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2011, 06:58 PM
    Tal's right. Just take an extra minute and pay attention to your thoughts/words/actions. It might take some time to do this, and it wouldn't hurt to try to figure out why you do act possessive in the first place. Counseling might not be a terrible idea.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 07:15 PM

And in what ways are you too possessive, what are you doing that makes you believe this is so

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Possessive boyfriend [ 35 Answers ]

Yes, as in the title, I have a very possessive boyfriend. My very first boyfriend. We have been together for almost 1.5 years. Back to the days where we first got together, everything was good. Sweet. Happy. But problems started coming up months later. We could quarrel about very little things,...

I lied because my boyfriend is possessive? [ 5 Answers ]

I lied to my boyfriend because he is too possestive.. we have been with him for a year and a half now. When the relationship is good, its really good that's when I do exactly what he says, the way his says it with out ever dissapointing him.. but if I do a mistake e.g.. Leave half an hour of not...

Is my boyfriend possessive [ 30 Answers ]

Im 19 and my boyfriend 22 we have been together for 6 months now and I totally love the dude but I think I'm crazy because I do. The beginning of our relationship was totally normal we were all lovie dovie and loved being with each other. He had a problem with me talking to boys so I decided to...

Why is my boyfriend so possessive? [ 7 Answers ]

My boyfriends name is randy. We have been together for 7 months. He has a huge issue with me talking to guys or even looking at guys. My mom tells me its because he is afraid to loose me but in reality if he keeps being that way he WILL end up losing me, even if i do love him with all my...

Possessive Boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I have been in a relationship with my boyfriend for 3 years and 9 months. He has always been protective of me, but I always thought he would grow out of his parinoia, he had a bad meth problem for several years before me that I helped him kick. This is kind of a long story, please bear...

View more questions Search