Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hleo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2011, 01:00 AM
    Girlfriends male friend
    I am into a relationship since last 1 year,initially she use to devote total time to me but now as she is going for post graduation she is not having time thou she manages,in between the preparation for her entrance exam she made a friend who proposed in front of me during teleconferencing,I was furious and had a heated argument with him but my girlfriend interrupted and told him she is with me,now the problem is she is still in contact with that guy and his brother,I ask her to discontinue any connection with them but I don't know she is still in contact with them and do avoid my calls or keep me waiting when they are interacting on phone as this is long distance relationship phone is the only way to be connected with her,she says she love's me and will marry me,but I should not put any such bondage and bind her and she will continue to be in contact with that guys,what should I do??
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2011, 01:33 AM

She sounds like an honest and independent girl, you should respect that, if you don't you will lose her, do as she asked and do not put a bind on her.

She has reassured you that she will marry you, what more could you want.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 11:19 AM

I have to be honest guy, I have never cared about my girlfriends or Wife's male friends, why would you?? My wife's male friends are pretty cool actually.

But I am a secure male, and she is a very loyal sincere female whom I trust without reservation. She is also still as fine as cat hair, and I am proud, but never jealous, or insecure.

Either trust her to handle her business correctly, or leave her alone, but she won't stay with an insecure jealous fellow for long, I don't think.
    kcomissiong Posts: 1,166, Reputation: 276
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2011, 07:10 AM
    She is also still as fine as cat hair
    You know, the world would be a little less bright without these answers to read!
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Aug 2, 2011, 07:29 AM

It sounds like she has come to understand that she cannot devote 'total time' to a relationship without having some time for herself. These two gentlemen are her friends and that sounds like all they are especially since she already told the one she is involved with you. Are they involved in her post graduate classes/work? If they are her classmates, she may have to work with them, too.

Do you have friends you go out with? Do you sit around waiting to talk to her when you don't have work/classes?

Long distance relationships take a lot of work, communications, compromise and Trust. Show her that you trust her and she will probably be more willing to communicate and work with you on a compromise. Make demands and she may decide that you will be even worse after marriage. If she gets that thought in her mind, love may not be enough reason to stay with you.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 2, 2011, 07:33 AM

You wrote she spends less time with you due to her studies but does make time for you>> this is a good thing. She even put him in his place in place in front of you>>>another good thing.

I could understand why you are coming from and why you dislike her being in contact with this friend but I think she is making it known what she wants and whoo she wants>> you. She isn't hiding het friendship with him so focus less on this. I don't know how often they talk but wouldn't keep bringing it up because all it is going do is lead to arguments and who wants that when the two of you can be doing other things?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating Ex Girlfriends Friend [ 5 Answers ]

I need everyone's opinion on this please. I've been dating this girl for like 5 months and we broke up because we kept fighting with me and she cheated on me and everything just kept getting worse. After we broke up, she dated a new guy the very next day. She eventually told me she had feelings for...

How do I date my girlfriends friend [ 6 Answers ]

I kind of got rushed into this relationship last week. We kind of like each other and we hooked up and she took it as we were dating so I went with it. I'm already losing interest. Met one her friends at a party and we got to talking. I like this girl and would like to get to know her better but...

Male best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have been going out with my girlfriend for almost 3 years. Her best friend is this one guy, and I know him, and as a person I have no problems with him, but when she wants to hang out all the time I hate it and can't stand her being with him, because I feel like I am competing for her...

Can I date my ex-girlfriends friend? [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so here's the deal. Me an my girlfriend of 5 years broke it off. She had moved 500 miles away and we tried that for over a year. Never really saw each other and we finally ended it. Well anyway, while she was gone I was still hanging out with the same people and me and one of her friends here...

View more questions Search