Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunny yu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 08:39 PM
    How to get social security number for F1 holder?
    I am an F1 holder, can I get social security number? How and where? Thank you
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Aug 1, 2011, 03:46 PM
    Only people authorized to work are eligible for an SSN. If you are authorized to work on campus, ask your international office how to apply for the SSN.
    http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10181.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Tax for H1B holder [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on H1B work visa. When I was on OPT last year & first half of this year, my company did not tax me on social security tax and medicare tax. Now that I am on H1B, my company seems to have forgotten to tax me on social security and medicare. My question is, if I am not taxed for...

Is a dependent L2 visa holder elegiable for a non working Social Security number [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is a dependent L2 visa holder. She is in the process of applying to colleges. She needs a social security number to apply for a scholarship (FAFSA).She appears as a dependent on my person taxes.She has been assigned a ITIN number We have approched the social security office requesting...

Claiming my wife non-resident social security card holder. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, me and my wife recently got married,she's a non-resident alien, that has a social security card. Will I be able to claim her while filing for my taxes?

Can h2b visa holder can get social security refund [ 2 Answers ]

Hi,my name is suprim jha I came here by h2b visa and I'm going back my country,if I close my social security,then do I get any refund?

View more questions Search