Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ag2756 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 06:33 AM
    A US football field is 139.5 feet longer thanit is wide If its perimeter is 921 feet
    Find its dimensions
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 31, 2011, 06:50 AM

Draw a picture. That should help you figure it out.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2011, 09:12 AM

And assign variables to the sides.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 1, 2011, 08:03 AM

Interesting that the answer to this problem is NOT the dimensions of a regulation US football field, which is 160' x 360'. I suppose this is so the student can't simply look up the dimensions but has to actually work the math problem - smart teacher!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have foot pain in both of my feet on the outside going underneath my feet, help [ 2 Answers ]

The pain is in both feet, i can barely walk sometimes. The pain is outward going down the middle of my feet to the bottom, in the middle of my feet.

We have a softball field 114 feet from our bedroom window. [ 4 Answers ]

Below is a copy of the letter that I am taking to the park but I need more information. Does anyone know the law about city ordinances that restrict how close a softball field can be from a home. I warn you it is long... Our neighborhood has been having problems with the baseball field at...

How much is 23 square feet at 45 for sheet rocking cents per square feet [ 1 Answers ]

What would I pay for a 24 x 11 square foot room at 45 cents per square foot

What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the [ 5 Answers ]

What will it cost to tile a kitchen floor that is 12 feet wide by 20 feet long if the tile cost $8.91 per square yard?

Square Feet Board Feet? [ 4 Answers ]

If I know how many square feet I have and I know the thickness of the material I have how I convert these values to square feet?

View more questions Search