Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    muhammad farooq Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 04:36 AM
    Is the body maintain that shape and that tight muscles when we leave the gym?
    I join the gym just two months later but my elders asked me to leave because they think that body shape changes when we leave the gym after continuing for few months. Is that correct or not?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2011, 05:27 AM

When you exercise you obviously will gain muscle and loose fat, which will change your body shape of course. If you are fat, you will likely get thinner. If you are thin, you will likely get more muscle and so on. If you leave the gym and don't go back, whatever improvements in your body which you accomplished through exercise will be lost over time - lost weight will be gained back, gained muscle will be lost.

If someone is trying to claim that you are doing something immoral or wrong to exercise, they are very strange in their beliefs. As they say, the body is your temple - your gift from God - and exercise served only to keep it fit and healthy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2011, 06:18 AM

Please explain why they really want you to leave

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shin splints or tight calf muscles? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been going to the gym for the last 5 months and have lost 7 kilo's. I recently started running on the treadmill (about a month ago), and now I have pain in my legs. The pain is so bad at times that I can't even walk up or down stairs. It is like a stabbing pain which runs right up the middle...

Tight muscles [ 3 Answers ]

Is there something I can eat that will loosen or lubricate tight muscles?

Runner with very tight leg muscles. [ 1 Answers ]

My 17 year old son is a fairly talented runner, but for the past 5-6 months has had a series of muscle pulls and strains. (hip flexor, calf, hamstring). The athletic trainer says he has some of the tightest and least flexible muscles he has seen. He eats well, plenty of fluids, consistent...

Doctor says my ear pain and scratchy throat due to tight neck muscles? [ 1 Answers ]

I started with a viral infection 2 weeks ago. It was a sore throat, ear pain and severe headache that lasted 3 days. All on the left side of my face. I felt better for 5 days. Went back to work and started with itchy ear pain and scratchy throat. She said there is nothing wrong except that my neck...

Shape of body by reduction of fat from specific part of body [ 1 Answers ]

My age is 20. And I am 6 feet tall. My weight is 80 kg. The main problem is this that there is a lots of fat on my hips and theigh and my west is about 34 overall my lower portion of body is heavier than above. So kindly tell me what should I do to reduce the fat from hip,theigh and how to reduce...

View more questions Search