Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Jul 31, 2011, 02:06 AM
    Reading a web visitors browser size
    I'm trying to create a web page that I would like to be able to view on any size browser. Is there a script or some sort of trick that I can read the visitors browser size before displaying?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2011, 10:00 PM
    This can be done with JavaScript.

http://www.javascripter.net/faq/browserw.htm

Back in the day I used to just design my sites to fit on 800x600, but now most people have at least a 1024x768 resolution. So that's one thing you can always go by.
    colbtech Posts: 748, Reputation: 66

Aug 1, 2011, 12:12 AM
    That's great, thank you. I'm surprise that CSS doesn't have a [centre command] that reads the browser. Will give this a try.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About new web browser [ 1 Answers ]

I am naveen.. I have decided to create a new web browser as my final year project. I have several ideas about the design part and I have my own imagination about the outlook of my design. But I don't know hw to write codes for all those and also how to give security in browser's and...

Web Browser Freezing [ 1 Answers ]

Please I'm having problems with FF going to comcast.net. Every time I want to go there, FF will just freeze, that I would need to reboot my PC. This issue started with IE, then I downloaded FF; and now same thing is happening. It goes to some other sites without any problems, but it won't go to...

Web Browser [ 1 Answers ]

I do so hope that someone can help me with a problem that I am having.I only use Real Player for audio but each time I try to listen,the player comes up and then stops connecting and I get a general ERROR has occurred.I click on the more info tab and it says"Unable to launch web browser.Please...

View more questions Search