Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 30, 2011, 10:39 PM
    Personal gift for a Catholic priest
    A man who is very dear to me and has been for many years is approaching his 20th anniversary as a priest. When he entered the priesthood I was not supportive, and I wish to give him a very personal gift - a gift which will convey that I now fully understand, support and celebrate his vocation. I am guessing by this point in his career as a priest he has vestaments, a rosary and other religious items, but would like to get him something lasting - the kind of gift he will have forever, and ideally something he will use.

I will appreciate any ideas.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 30, 2011, 11:37 PM

My minister father had received a heavy pewter cross on a long leather tie cord. He wore it with his vestments as well as with his suits when on official pastoral visits to parishioners.

Maybe a religious book of some sort, especially autographed by the author. A meaningful artwork, framed? This one has always been one of MY favorites: File:Zünd Gang nach Emmaus 1877.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 31, 2011, 05:05 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Very good ideas!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 31, 2011, 05:32 PM

Priests have very little need or even desire for "things"

But they do need or enjoy memories that live with them forever. Not sure the budget but a trip home to see family that they often can not afford is a great thing
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2011, 08:45 PM

I agree Fr. Chuck - I would use your idea but he actually is quite fortunate to be in his home diocese, in the same town as his family. I love that idea though as a gift for my aunt who lives out of state and is a nun - I will use it for her for Christmas I believe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I marry catholic girl without being converted to catholic? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am hindu boy and my girlfriend is roman catholic we both are from india we have decided to spend our life together, my girlfriend wants to marry in roman catholic church as she said its her marriage with me will not be held valid till she get married in church as per christianity and also...

Personal loan vs gift [ 3 Answers ]

I gave $2,000 to then-boyfriend to help him with general living expenses while he was studying to sit for the bar exam. I wrote 3 separate checks over 4 months, noting "loan" in the memo section of the check. We did not discuss any specific repayment terms but he assured me verbally that once he...

My friend is Catholic unsure of a gift [ 6 Answers ]

I do not know a lot about the Catholic belief and I would like to give a gift to my friends kids and I am unsure if it is appropriate. I would like to give her two teenagers a devotional, that are of christian faith and I am unsure if it might be offensive. I think we believe in most of the same...

View more questions Search