Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    peteradano Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2011, 09:36 AM
    Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan - Fan OK, Lights Dim if turned on after fan
    Installed a Hampton Bay 52" ceiling fan with light powered by remote unit. Fan works perfectly with remote. Lights work perfectly if you turn them on before the fan. However, if you turn the fan on first, then the lights, the lights will only come on dim. Ive checked and rechecked connections- all are OK.
    Previous fixture installed at location had no problems. Im using candelabra bulbs at correct wattage, not CFLs.
    Thoughts?
    peteradano Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2011, 04:49 PM
    Ha ha ha ha! Based on answers Ive read on different posts about dim lights with ceiling fan units I tried holding down the light icon on the remote transmitter and voilą! Dim lights were restored to normal power. So I guess the remote has a dimmer function. I still don't understand why they were bright without the ceiling fan running, and then dim if I lit them after the fan was running?. nonetheless they are bright either way now.
    lrmat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2011, 04:16 PM
    Ha! That was my problem! Solved! Cool! No more exclamation points!
    pndkeller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2014, 03:09 PM
    Holding down light button on remote worked perfectly, thank you SO much!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton bay ceiling fan lights & fan not operating [ 17 Answers ]

Hello, appreciate any help. It just stop working can't honestly say what stop working first or if it happened at the same time. The switch at the wall is working. So I'm assuming it is getting power? I took the bulbs out and disconneted the lower unit by glance everything appears to be fine. I...

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan for about 15 years. The lights work but the fan doe [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay with a light. The light works but the fan does not. I can feel a slight hum of the motor and sometimes it appears the blades may move a bit but really there is nothing. It is about 15 yrs old. I have another one like this, same age and it works fine. Before I start taking...

Dim lighting on Hampton Bay ceiling fan [ 5 Answers ]

A friend installed an Edgemont transitional collection Hampton Bay ceiling fan w/light for me. The lighting is so incredibly dim, it is almost dark! This fan uses some type of LED light plate (no bulbs?). Is there something I'm missing in order to get brighter light? There is no remote control...

New hampton bay ceiling fan two lights out [ 1 Answers ]

I just purchased a hampton bay carriage house II ceiling fan. As I installed each section, I checked and rechecked wires and fitament being careful not damage anything. When I turned on the fan, only 2 lights worked (opposite sides of each other). I removed the bulbs of the non working and replaced...

Hampton Bay ceiling fan - light will not dim [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan with light and remote. Remote is model TC707ST, but I cannot see model number of fan. Installing contractor a year ago must have discarded manual. This lighted fan has worked perfectly before, but now when I use the remote to turn on and dim the light, it will...

View more questions Search