Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2011, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakester View Post
    WG - I actually see it the way dwash sees it where a person's sexuality is not his [total] identity and would make a distinction too regarding orientation and behavior.
    Then all three of us are on the same page.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 3, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    If yer tawkin' ta me, dwashbur, I was responding to Jakester, not you. I should have addressed him at the beginning of my post.
    I knew that. I was just backin' you up :D
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 3, 2011, 01:17 PM

One can be an exceptional person and homosexual at the same time; I refuse to use the terminology 'gay' because it limits who they are in the eyes of others from how I see them as accomplished artists, friends, athletes and very caring loving individuals.

If my son came to me tomorrow and said he was homosexual, I would love him just as much as ever. I have often told him if he gets married and has children, I will move to Mexico so I won't have to babysit, so there you go, that would solve one of my problems ! But at the same time, I don't really know if his father is that open minded because he is dyed in the wool scottish catholic.

Tick
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2011, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    One can be an exceptional person and homosexual at the same time; I refuse to use the terminology 'gay' because it limits who they are in the eyes of others from how I see them as accomplished artists, friends, athletes and very caring loving individuals.

If my son came to me tomorrow and said he was homosexual, I would love him just as much as ever. I have often told him if he gets married and has children, I will move to Mexico so I wont have to babysit, so there you go, that would solve one of my problems ! But at the same time, I dont really know if his father is that open minded because he is dyed in the wool scottish catholic.

tick
    My oldest daughter has already told me she's bisexual. I've let her know that nothing will ever change my love for her, and that she's my child regardless. But I've also told her that what she DOES is the important thing, so she'd better choose the straight lifestyle because I want some grandchildren! :D
    gothica12 Posts: 20, Reputation: 0

Nov 16, 2011, 02:17 PM
    I don't really know. This is something I struggle with. Some christians say yes and some say no. some people of both sides use Biblical quotes for their points. But if I ever get any physical side, that I will go to hell for my feelings than I'll pray for change and I pray to God to help me make the right decisions. It's hard though. Pray and if you receive any signs, pray.
    Lamia_Ulsto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2012, 12:53 PM
    Well, (a) If you're bisexual you can't choose to be gay, you're still going to be attracted to the same sex some of the time. So if you're not attracted to the same sex at all (well, 90% of the time), you're outright gay. And (2) if God is alive and present in the world, why are you asking these people? Ask Him. Don't ask a book (don't put any idols before God, that includes written ones.) Ask God, pray, and be open to answers you get.

I feel fairly confident that the answer will be no, you're not going to be condemned to hell for being what He made you. That is the answer given to me for years and years, it just took me a while to hear it over the noise coming from the church. There is love for you in the world God created , even if not here, not in these peoples closed hearts and minds.

But in the end, don't take my word for it. Ask God.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 22, 2012, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamia_Ulsto View Post
    V
    , not in these peoples closed hearts and minds.

But in the end, don't take my word for it. Ask God.
    No don't think we have closed hearts and minds, lamia, or you would not think so if you had read ALL of our responses.

Do you think these are all mindless answers?

I would like to truly hear your answer.

Tick
    me1112 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 08:33 AM
    I've read all of the responses to Needing. Thank you, those of you who are encouraging and not judgmental of homosexuals and bisexuals, you are really living out God's love in my eyes. I struggle with sexual immorality everyday, all of us who aren't mainstream heterosexuals but love Jesus have and/or will struggle with this. Bisexuals have their choice of either gender but it's not so simple as, "what kind of body do i want to touch?" Bisexuals, from my perspective, are more attracted to the person inside the body, not just the exterior parts. Homosexuals are more limited in their options in the same way as heterosexuals, they are sexual with only one gender. I believe that whether we are born this way really doesn't matter, it is how we are now. It's hard, it's confusing. Some people condemn us and we condemn ourselves as well. I don't know much about the Bible, what I've read truly is a double edged sword where my sexuality is concerned. The Bible is pretty clear about sexual immorality, and something inside of me has always told me "No, don't look at girls like that". I tried to listen and I did until high school but I gave in physically and I still have impure thoughts often. I wonder if I'll make it to Heaven too. We'll all answer for what we've personally done. I hated myself for so long, for being this way. I didn't pray, cry, go to church or believe in God for several years. Why would God make me this way? Did he? Is he even real? I wouldn't accept God, and maybe somewhere deep down I hated Him. Let me tell you, God is so good he never stopped watching over me, while I pushed Him away as hard as I could. I didn't understand that he is there for everyone through all the rebelling, hurting, hating and ugliness. It's hard to know that you're not like everybody else, and I want to be. It would be so nice to wake up tomorrow heterosexual. It's not going to happen. Maybe my sexuality needs healing, I don't know if that's really what we need or if we need to live a life of chastity to please God rather than ourselves. Just don't pull away from God, I still do sometimes and it does not help anything. God loves you! Give yourself time to really understand you and your life and why things are the way they are. We all break God's laws, and He loves us anyway. I hope you find the answers that you are looking for. God Bless You
    Hebzrn Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2012, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Needin, also keep in mind there is a difference between doing what you think(or want) is right and doing what really is right. Just because something is in our heart to do, does not mean it is OK.
    Exactly. People are fooled into believing that just because it feels good or is in your heart makes it okay. This the power of Satan, the master of all lies!! He lies to us, tempts us ruthlessly and we believe it. It isn't just with sexuality, it is with any sinful behavior. We are born sinful, gay or straight, we are all sinners conceived in original sin. The love of God our Father giving his only son Jesus to die for us cleanses us from that sin.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2012, 04:10 AM
    These are difficult questions and you need to put them in the perspective of sin and grace. A persons sexual orientation is one thing and what God looks upon as righteous behaviour is another. The important factor is having a relationship with Jesus Christ and looking to him for leadership and salvation. There is no distinction between homosexual sin and hetrosexual sin, unrighteous relationships are all in the one category. All are capable of being forgiven with genuine repentance

The world has decided that certain things are permissible, that is not the Biblical view, if you believe the Bible is God's word you need to comply

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Damned If You Do, Damned If You Don't [ 15 Answers ]

I keep reading over and over "I slept with him and then he lost interest". Does anybody ever actually fall in love and get married anymore? It seems like the women of this country are just perpetual losers in a never ending fight for their sexual favors. We have become "sex on tap", as...

Damned if I do, damned if I don't! [ 11 Answers ]

Obviously, this isn't a new subject. And unfortunately I don't think it'll ever go away. So here's my story, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'm almost 22.. I have a little boy who will be 5 this summer. I'm planning on getting married in May of 08. My soon to be husband would like to...

Unwanted pregnancy - damned if you do, damned if you don't? [ 26 Answers ]

I've been reading posts about unwanted pregnancies and it has prompted me consider the matter on a deeper level. It seems to me that when you are confronted with an unwanted pregnancy, you will always be criticized by the choice you make. Keep the baby, adopt the baby or abort the baby. They...

Damned if I do, damned if I don't. [ 6 Answers ]

Well as you all know my parents split up before xmas, and things were really tensed for a while. Soon after things settled down and everyone was getting on a lot better. However once again the tables have turned. My mum is now having financial problems and contnously blames me for...

View more questions Search