Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjmommy2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 06:57 PM
    How do I get my sons biological fathers rights terminated w/o his consent
    He is 15,000 in debt for support only calls once or twice a yr and decides he wants to be a father then he is an alcoholic,drug user has been charged many times for dui and drug poss. I have offered to drop support and he refuses we live in the state of Pennsylvania
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 06:59 PM

You offered to drop support in exchange for what ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2011, 07:00 PM

Please read this sticky
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...st-116098.html

If you have any further questions please you the Answer options to post follow up.
    jjmommy2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Comment on califdadof3's post
    For him signing over his rights my husband wants to adopt them has all the paperwork but he refues to do it because -it would make me happy when he's drunk he says that he will sign away his rights I've even taken paperwork to him from my lawyer but I never get anywhere
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 07:09 PM

Then file for adoption in the courts. As far as you releasing him from child support it doesn't matter because when the child is adopted he will be released from it anyway. Maybe for this all to happen you need to start playing hardball. If he is on probation and he starts getting into trouble for non payment of support they can arrest him. If he is always in jail then the courts may move that it is in the best interest of the child and strip his rights away. Also you saying something is very different from a lawyer or judge saying and approving it. Like forgiving the arrears.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 07:11 PM

You will have to file for custody in court and fight him, have a good attorney. With that you will have to prove all of the things about his drug use and prove he would be a danger
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 30, 2011, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjmommy2 View Post
    for him signing over his rights my husband wants to adopt them
    Ahh you should have mentioned that initially. Have you asked your lawyer if there is anything you can do to involuntarily terminate his rights? A local attorney will know the local laws and, more importantly, the mood of the local courts. Courts do generally prefer a two parent household. So, if you apply for the adoption. Show that you have tried to get him to agree to the adoption, but that he has refused out of spite. Show his criminal record and substance abuse, then the court may agree to issue a TPR and approve the adoption.

P.S. when posting a follow-up question or info, please use the Answer options at the bottom of the page rather than the Comments.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a child's name be legally changed without biological fathers consent? [ 2 Answers ]

This is very confusing... blood testing proved my husband was the father of his son 16 yrs ago. His name was not on the birth certificate because she left him before having his child.Thus the child having her last name. He has paid child support and still does so. She up and moved 14 yrs ago...

Severing my sons biological fathers rights. [ 2 Answers ]

My son almost 2 years of age, his father is currently in prison for the second time, he was incarercated when my son was born and after his first release he had repeat parolle violations and a domestic simple assault against me. He is now serving time for abscounding and apparently another assault....

How Do I get my Sons Fathers Parental Rights Terminated? [ 12 Answers ]

My son's father as not seen him since August 2008, and before that time it was April 2005, I am just trying to figure out NYS guide lines, on what grounds I can get his parental rights terminated?

How to terminate my son's biological fathers rights without his consent [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so just a little background about my situation... My ex and I were together for 5 years.. I tell him I'm pregnant and he tells me that it's not his and leaves. I went through the whole pregnancy by myself and he wasn't even there when my son was born. Public Aid made me go through paternity to...

Can I have my daughter's biological fathers parental rights terminated? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a five year old daughter. Her father and I were never married. When I was in a relationship with her father he was abusive. He has had little to nothing to do with her in her whole life. She doesn't even remember him. He is constintly in and out of jail and the reason I know this is because...

View more questions Search