Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joygregson13 Posts: 12, Reputation: -2

Jul 29, 2011, 04:22 PM
    How old would you say is to young to kiss!
    My brother is 11 would you say this is to young to kiss, and if it is what would you say is a resonable age?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 29, 2011, 04:30 PM

Yes, In my opinion children shouldn't enter into romantic relationships until at least 14.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Jul 30, 2011, 04:56 AM
    In my country it's socially acceptable to begin kissing at the age of 12. BUT only kissing.
    ZoeMarie Posts: 2,049, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2011, 07:21 PM
    I think 11 is too young. Why rush into that stuff? You're still just a kid. =)
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 1, 2011, 08:52 PM

Do I think it's a little young? Yeah, but every kid is different.

He's around the age where kids start getting curious about the whole dating thing. They're not ready to date, but they're reaching the age where their bodies are getting ready for puberty, and suddenly are thinking thoughts they never had before. It's about the age where the first crush happens.

They may decide, 'hey, I like you, let's kiss,' and it never goes beyond that. They may decide to 'date' (which usually means they hold hands at recess, or something). At that age, a kiss is probably no more than a peck on the lips, like you would give a family member. It doesn't have to have any sexual, or romantic, meaning behind it.

Yes, it's young. But I don't think, the important thing isn't rather or not he's kissed, or is kissing, anyone. The important thing is the type of kiss and rather or not it leads to anything else. Kids experiment, it's how they learn and grow into adults. It's up to parents, teachers, and even older siblings to make sure that the experimentation stays at an age-appropriate level. The best way to do that is to answer questions honestly and just keep an eye on him.

Yeah, he's a bit young to run around kissing people, but it's probably more innocent curiosity than anything. Then again, I was almost 17 before I had my first kiss.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 2, 2011, 03:16 AM

One thing that hasn't been said here is why was this question asked? Has the brother been caught kissing, has he been asking about it, has he been asking to date? I stand by my answer that he is too young, but why the question is being asked can help us formulate a better answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A boy said he would kiss me but not as his next kiss. What does this mean? [ 6 Answers ]

I was talking to this guy over Facebook chat and we got into this conversation where we were just asking each other questions about love life and being totally honest with each other. He asked me who I would want to kiss in our year. After a load of ermms and hmms I said him. Then I asked whether...

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

View more questions Search