Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sweetyie12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 12:12 PM
    Foster care
    How can u get my cousins baby out of foster care I haven't seen this cousin for 15 years but her family contacted me to get him well the case worker said he was already place in foster care and I can't get him is this true ? And if so is there anything I can do to get him he's 6 now old
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 12:21 PM

You don't just do it... you have to go through the courts, as they placed the child into the foster care system, only they can remove them.

Hire a lawyer... its not a do-it-yourself thing.
    Sweetyie12 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 12:25 PM
    Ok yeah I know I would have to hire one but just want to make sure I would have a chance if I fought
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2011, 12:48 PM

You have a chance... but I can't guess how much. My guess is they would rather have a long term or permanent placement than the foster care one assuming you can provide evidence you can provide a good and stable home to their satisfaction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get myself into foster care [ 9 Answers ]

I'm tired of living in the same house with my parents they make me feel like I should never have been born . They shout at me, call me names, my dad occasionally hits me . Ever since I was young he used to hit me frequently over tiny mistakes but when I was 12 I spoke up & I got him to stop...

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

Foster care [ 1 Answers ]

I hate my life at home so much, today my mum even told me she wants me out her life. So I want to take action and become fostered, but I don't know where to start?! Pleasee help mee!!

View more questions Search