Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SliceOdice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2011, 03:16 AM
    Long distance Gf and clubbing
    My girlfriend and I have been dating for just less than a year now. She lives in Miami during the summer as I live in Georgia. About every other weekend, she goes clubbing with friends. I understand her need to go out every once in a while, but I just find the places she goes to be sleezy. Her girlfriends meet guys with tables and they all hang out. She also tells me that she never dances with other guys. I find that tough to believe if she's hammered and out until 5Am. Thoughts?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 29, 2011, 03:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SliceOdice View Post
    Thoughts?
    You need to loosen up.
    If you start getting all possessive and jealous then you WILL loose her.
    You are in a LDR and you need to make compromises and sacrifices here.
    Be flexible and TRUST her.

Either that or just give up now and save you both the heart ache that will come if you continue down this course.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Jul 29, 2011, 05:46 AM

Long distance relationships are tough and it will test your trust for another. Maybe she doesn't want to tell you she is dancing with guys because she knows you will get mad and of course an argument will follow. I must ask what do you do with your time instead of being worried about what she is doing?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 07:01 AM

She's going to want to live her own life. Do you really want to be the person who stops her from living her life?

It shouldn't be about controlling her decisions. You should be accepting it and if you can, support her along the way. She's not always going to agree with the things that you do, but you can hope that she will accept them and support you.

If you can't accept her lifestyle and decisions, then the problem might actually be that you don't go well together.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 29, 2011, 02:18 PM

My thought is that you should be doing your own thing, and enjoying it. Letting her enjoy doing her own thing, and enjoying doing things together when you can.

And what are you doing with a partner you can't believe her at her word?

Those are my thoughts, what are yours?
    fraggerlapjump Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 04:01 AM
    Listen to talaniman. And Curlyben. Period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance really? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey guys so after a long time of agony over a sucky boyfriend I met this really sweet guy. We hit it off really well and soon we began to spend a lot of time together. After a few months he asked me out and I told him I would think about it. Now the problem is his house is a 3 hour drive from mine...

How long is too long for a long distance relationship? [ 8 Answers ]

I am in LDR hell here, or so it seems.. before we were long distance, my boyfriend and I had been together for 3 months. It doesn't really seem that long but we were so close and I had the best time with him. So anyhow, he went off to Florida to start college in August this summer. At first,...

Long distance. [ 2 Answers ]

I said no to this really nice guy when I was 19;cos, I was not ready for a relationship then.but I really liked him; still do. We met only once eversince and I told him although I said no to you then, I really liked u... he simply said that he likes the way he is now.. and it may be a good thing I...

The long distance or is it him? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm sorry if this story is long but the background is important. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am 25 years old and my ex is 27. We met in the first year of law school and then he moved five hours away for school. Before he moved away, I got...

Help after long distance [ 1 Answers ]

I desperatly need some advice. Im a 24 year old guy and I'm feeling really confused right now. I was in a relationship for 6 years with my last girlfriend, things were great but half way into it I really started to doubt my love for her. My parents were going through a really bad patch at the...

View more questions Search