Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    docpearl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2011, 02:23 PM
    All my phones are two line. One is a land line, other goes to computer.
    Telephone jack gold contacts and wire to the phone get gooey and cross connect on my two line system. Four wire wires are used, seems the clear plastic ones are the worst.
    Why do they get goo. Looks like oil, but greenish blue at the contacts?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2011, 05:01 PM

The Greenish blue or black jack needs to be replaced, draw a diagram or take notes to eleminate another problem.
    I also suggest throwning out any Line cords that plugged into it, a bad cord or jack will soon take out the other from corrosion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Land line hummimg [ 3 Answers ]

Within the last three weeks, we have developed a hum on our land land that remains after dailing and during all calls on our land line. I checked at the d-marc and there is no hum, so I conclude it to be an inside wire problem. We use portables in the house(have for several years.) Unpluged all...

Internet access without a land line [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I just moved and looking to get the internet in my home but I do not want to get a land line. I do have a phone jack and I looked into the AT&T service (DSL without a local phone service) but they do not offer it in my area, Denton 76208. Does anyone know who might offer this service? ...

Wiring land line phones [ 1 Answers ]

I need someone to walk me through wiring a landline phone from the outside box on the house to the phone jack

Phones and computer won't disconnect on LAN line [ 14 Answers ]

After an electrical storm that knocked out our electrical transformer fuse, we started having problems with our phone line that won't disconnect after we hang up. It is the worst on the computer, won't let go of the line until we pull the phone plug. We have tried different computers and it does it...

Getting internet without a land line [ 5 Answers ]

I live in Indiana and I do not have a home phone (just a cell phone) How can I get internet without using a land line? Is there an internet provider other then Comcast that can hook me up?:confused:

View more questions Search