Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    me2u2 Posts: 50, Reputation: 2

Jul 28, 2011, 12:33 AM
    Welts on a 1yr old
    I was watching my boyfriend 1 year old son romeo for some time and 1time he came over he had welts on his back and arms and when I asked her what happened to him she told me he was acting up and threw up on the rug so she poped him with a belt softly and I replied it would not leave welts if you taped him with the belt I don't know what to do evey one is telling me 2 call dyfs on her what should I do I don't want him hurt but that is also my closest friend
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 03:07 AM

No one, absolutely no one should take a belt to a baby, or any child. I don't know why you are here asking what you should do when you should call the cops on her, friend or not. Proper action has to be taken. If she uses a belt on a one year old, she will resort to stronger measures next time; and she did this because he threw up on the rug!!

You will have this on your conscience if you do nothing.

Tick
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 06:01 AM

Taking a belt to a child, ESPECIALLY a one (1) year old child is outright ABUSE!

I don't think you have a choice in this matter, call DCFS now!

She did this because the child was sick and threw up? :eek: OMG, what's she going to do to him when he hits the terrible twos! :eek:

OMG, I am so angry right now! :mad:
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 07:59 AM
    Incredible... children get sick, they throw up. Mine threw up on the couch, chairs, the floor, even the dog once... I never hit her or punished her. It happens. How could anyone take a belt to a child... a 1 year old child? What happens when this kid accidentally breaks something? You have to do something about this. The kid can't do anything about it and at this point, it looks like you're the only one who can.
    southamerica Posts: 667, Reputation: 400

Jul 28, 2011, 08:06 AM

Please, please, PLEASE call her in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 10:07 AM

The child should have been taken to the hospital to have the injury recorded, police called and social services involved.

Jul 28, 2011, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Taking a belt to a child, ESPECIALLY a one (1) year old child is outright ABUSE!

I don't think you have a choice in this matter, call DCFS now!!

She did this because the child was sick and threw up? :eek: OMG, what's she going to do to him when he hits the terrible twos!! :eek:

OMG, I am so angry right now! :mad:
    To be exact her and I got into a huge fight last night and came to blows, because she said if her children act up eith me to beat them quote on quote. Her kids are 7,9,and 1 and I told her I don't even hit my own kids why the tell would I hit your long story short the reason she claimed she beat him is because hhe ate too much and vomited all over the carpet because he does that when he wants his way. This child I am talking about is 1 years old and 48 or 49 lbs and she feeds him all day every day over stuffs him I should say she feeds him donuts and cake all day goos mom huh.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 01:39 PM

Came to blows ? As in actual hits exchanged, and who called the police.

I will be rude and forward, if a child is seen with welts and you do not do anything, you are as responsible as the person who did it the next time.

You appear to be saying everything expect that you are willing to act and call and report this

Jul 28, 2011, 01:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Came to blows ? as in actual hits exchanged, and who called the police.

I will be rude and forward, if a child is seen with welts and you do not do anything, you are as responsible as the person who did it the next time.

You appear to be saying everything expect that you are willing to act and call and report this
    No hits exchanged just so very strong words I am not going to hit anyone and I am a adult not a child and I don't want to go to jail over anybody

Jul 28, 2011, 01:53 PM

So are you going to report this woman like everyone here has asked you to?

You have a responsibility to this innocent 1 year old child, so please tell us now that you are going to pick up the phone and call the police.

Jul 28, 2011, 02:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southamerica View Post
    So are you going to report this woman like everyone here has asked you to?

You have a responsibility to this innocent 1 year old child, so please tell us now that you are going to pick up the phone and call the police.
    I am going to call the devision of youth and family services but will they do cause this innocent was a week ago and the welts have gone now
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 02:00 PM

If OP is afraid of 'going to jail over this' (which can't happen if she has no part and only reports). Then there has to be more to this then what we know here. The worst thing is knowing about this and not being able to do anything.

OP has a hyperactive child as well that she can't control.

Tick

Jul 28, 2011, 02:07 PM

I know it's making me sick to think that I can't do anything but beg the OP to be responsible.

I hope you're wrong tick about there being more to this... though I kind of feel that too :(
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 02:11 PM

What about the other two children? Are they beaten too?

Jul 28, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What about the other two children? Are they beaten too?
    I called dyfs I just hope they can do something the other two get beatings to. They have to lean on rice when they miss behave but the baby's welts have disappeared already.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by me2u2 View Post
    I called dyfs I just hope they can do something the other two get beatings to. they have to lean on rice when they miss behave
    Was the mother beaten and abused as a child, so that she doesn't know any better?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Raised circular welts [ 7 Answers ]

These welts are skin tone in color that come and go located right side of stomach. I also have an itchiness in that area and burning senation as well.

Nocturnal itching with welts [ 5 Answers ]

I have itching with associated welts & rash, usually starting 3.30am - 5,00am. I have none during the day - but like clockwork now, around this time it starts. I take a telfast and in apporx half an hour it subsides, with no residue in the morning. I have changed clothes detergent (although my day...

Welts come and go but burn and sting [ 1 Answers ]

I am a 22 year old female and for about a year now I have been getting welts on various parts of me body such as my chest and back then also knots in my feet and swelling in my hands and toes. These sympthoms will come and go but they itch most ties and the ones on my hands and feet burn and sting...

Itchy Welts--rash, hives, allergies? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all--I don't know if I'm having an allergic reaction, but for the past week or so, the skin on my arms (upper and lower), shoulders, chest, and neck have been terribly itchy and irritated. I'll get little clusters of bumps, or singular, larger, raised welts; I frequently inadvertently quickly...

Prolonged itching and welts? [ 1 Answers ]

I've had itching/welts on my elbows, fingers, head buttocks and various other places for over 3 months dermotogist first said recation to med after laying the sun, then he said my reg meds I take, then he said probably something I'm eating. And now dr don't want to see me unless it get worse ...

View more questions Search