Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RobynM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 10:01 PM
    How to transfer from Samsung Windows xp to my laptop Windows 7
    I would like to know how to transfer all of my docs. files,pics,etc. from my Samsung windows xp desktop tp my Accer laptop windows 7?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 28, 2011, 01:36 AM
    A simple flash drive or external hard drive would suit this purpose.

DATA is easy to move.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2011, 03:21 AM

Windows 7 has a File Transfer wizard that can walk you through this. There are many ways to do it, flash drive, external hard drive, file transfer cable, network connection, cloud drive.
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Jul 28, 2011, 03:53 AM

Migrate XP to Windows 7 with Easy Transfer Over the Network - How-To Geek
    File transfer wizard is a good option
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 28, 2011, 04:01 AM
    Guys I tried the "Easy" transfer and it took LONGER than manually transferring with an external HDD.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 28, 2011, 04:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    TBH guys I tried the "Easy" transfer and it took LONGER than manually transferring with an external HDD.
    Depends on how much you have to transfer. Also the Transfer wizard will transfer some settings like favorites , default programs etc.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2011, 07:30 AM
    If you have a lot of files the easiest thing I have found is to get a $20 tool from CompUSA or other supplier that has an adapter to plug into the hard drive and then plug the tool's USB adapter into the USB port of the computer you want to transfer files to. It's a very handy tool if you have a laptop because you can use any hard drive for an extra storage drive cheaper than buying an external drive. If you are using a new drive for storage with this tool you have to go to Computer>right click and go to "Manage" and map the drive & format it. Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use dell laptop windows on lenovo laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

My brother purchased dell laptop.he got a windows 7 with it.he installed it on his dell lap top.I want to install win 7 on my ibm lenovo laptop also. Can I install it?what about the cd key?

Windows Files Transfer [ 1 Answers ]

I installed Windows Vista Ultimate to my new hard drive. I have Windows Home Premium on my old hard drive. I would like to copy everything except the Windows folder because it is corrupt. It there any way to exclude the Windows folder from being transferred?

Windows XP and 2000 on laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I have both XP Home and 2000 Pro installed on my laptop. XP Home, doesn't work. When I start-up my laptop, I have a black screen with the option to select XP Home or 2000 Pro. If I select XP Home, I get a message "Cannot start disk because of computer hardware configuration problem". Can't I...

View more questions Search