Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lukubeni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 11:03 AM
    House construction
    I want to know, how can a house be built above water, starting from foundations up to the roof?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 27, 2011, 11:18 AM
    This should help: HowStuffWorks "How House Construction Works"
    Confused_22 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Oct 2, 2011, 10:40 AM
    Same way they build Venice. You need to put in really deep piling so that it sits in the ground where it is no longer wet. That will give you your base and from then up it's just like any other house.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

House construction [ 5 Answers ]

We just built a house. It has a walk out basement. The house is all done but the walkout is not complete. The open part is 50 ft long. It has 2x8 for walls, plywood on the outside with house wrap. I live in Vermont. Cold up here. Right now I do not have insulation in the basement wall...

New House Construction [ 2 Answers ]

What would happened to wall stubs and osb during the construction under rain and heat condition? What is the normal time frame for building the house before the lumbers get damage? i.e. no more than 6 weeks? Thanks

Who does final cleaning on new house construction? [ 1 Answers ]

Was wondering if the General Contractor or the home builder usually pays to have the home cleaned before final inspection, closing?

House construction Vs rent [ 1 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please give the xls spread sheet for the following showing NPV at 6% and payout period. 1. currently renting 80 houses, total at SR 3,200,000 per year 2. Inflation of house rent 2% per year 3. Intend to...

View more questions Search